Review of Help Save America

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of Help Save America

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Help Save America" by Jon Lewis.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Help Save America by Jon Lewis is a 17-page book that highlights some of the things that are killing today's America and how we can save the country from those trying to destroy it. Lewis informs us that we live in the best country in the world, but some people are trying to instigate hate among us in a bid to destroy us. He raises topics like inequality, gun violence, climate change, education, and political parties and lets us know his thoughts on them. At the end of the book, Lewis also proposes a plan to save the Democratic Party.

What I like most about this book is the author's concise writing style. It's almost unbelievable that the author covers the topics I listed above in 17 pages. So I must commend him for keeping his points straightforward and easy to understand. Also, it takes a few minutes to finish the book, which would appeal to readers interested in the topics but want a quick read. I thoroughly enjoyed the author's use of simple language and the lack of ambiguities in his discussions.

I appreciate the author's insights into topics like education, climate change, and gun violence. I especially agree with him that the people who abuse America's gun policy and use their guns to bring terror to others are nothing but criminals. Therefore, they should be in jail and not on our streets. And to add to his points, I believe that changing the current policy won't stop criminals from sourcing guns illegally. Nevertheless, I find the author's stance on racism surprising. And while he states that he is not a racist and doesn't know anyone who is a racist, I'd like him to understand that there are many racists in today's America even though we have Blacks in government and the media.

Furthermore, I appreciate the author's message through this publication. The author calls on Americans to unite and make our country great without heeding the distractions from those who would rather see us fail. I love how the author also commends some individuals who are working to make Texas great again. Yes, we must learn to appreciate people who do the needful.

The only thing I dislike about this book is its editing. I felt as if I was reading a manuscript. There are dates on each page, and I don't understand why they are there. Also, the PDF version I received has tiny fonts that are the same size for both the headings and the rest of the text. I also didn't expect to find errors in the book, considering it has only 17 pages. Thus, I am subtracting a star from the book's rating because its editing seems unfinished. However, the publication doesn't deserve a lower rating due to its message and the eye-opening and thought-provoking insights it offers. I, therefore, rate the book three out of four stars and highly recommend it to readers interested in a short read about saving America from those trying to destroy it.

Help Save America
View: on Bookshelves
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

Lewis proposes a plan to save the Democratic party. Is good for every citizen to become a responsible member of the society rather than destroying it. We should make the society become a better place for everyone and the environment conducive. I love the statement let's save the country. Wonderful review!
Ugonna Nworka
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Spirit-Controlled Temperament
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ugonna-nworka.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Ugonna Nworka »

I am intrigued by the fact that all these topics mentioned are covered effectively within 17 pages of a book. I am not an American, but I'm sure I'll have a thing or two to pickup from this book. Thanks for this.
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

Wow! Even if the book seems short, it is inspiring.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I've read like two books written on helping America; actually, on the political areas. From this review, this book seems all-encompassing talking about the problem in the US and how to end them. As I'm not a citizen nor a dweller the US but my country is affected by the policies and culture therein, there's a need to read problems associated with the country and what has been put in place to curb the problems. All in all, I enjoy reading this review.
Signature of Grace.
Onangole Nathan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onangole-nathan.html
Latest Review: The Lost Years of Billy Battles by Ronald E. Yates

Post by Onangole Nathan »

I'm amused the writer was able to fit all that in a small book. Although the book is written to address the problems in America, to me that applies everywhere. Thanks for the honest review.
John Karanja 1
Favorite Book: The Cadence of Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-karanja-1.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by John Karanja 1 »

Problems in America highlighted in this book are real and apply globally, but the best thing is that government forces are always ready to contain them.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I believe the problems this book covers can be found worldwide, which makes this book a valuable read. Thank you very much for your insightful review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

It's encouraging to see citizens actively take a stance to protect their countries. The use of guns for terrorism and other criminal acts is definitely getting out of hand.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Otwimu S
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Otwimu S »

It's sounds encouraging to see citizens protect their countries. This book seems talking about the US problem and how to solve them. This is so cute. What a write up

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”