Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered how many lives you’ve touched? Have you ever pondered how you might have changed someone else’s life with a single sentence?

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger is a gritty novel that explores the way in which people affect other people. It tackles how a kind action could change the course of a whole life and how a nasty one could lead to horrific consequences. The book begins from the perspective of a woman named Geena. She receives a letter from an old friend named Joe informing her that her father has died. It also says that Joe will be leaving for some time. Interestingly, she is sorrowful that Joe is leaving but is almost joyful that her father has died. The story then explores the past. It continues from Geena's mother's perspective. From there, the story jumps from one perspective to another as each person meets other people and affects their lives in different ways.

This book was a rollercoaster ride. One that I thoroughly enjoyed. Firstly, the book had a very intriguing start. That set the stage for the rest of the book nicely. Secondly, the characters were fully fleshed out and beautifully written. I loved that this book took deeply flawed and relatable people as its main characters. The wonderful character writing is undeniably the best part of this book. Thirdly, the writing style was poetic and dramatic. It had an air of mystery that suited the book perfectly. The vocabulary was exotically complex and a delight to read. Fourthly, the story takes a multitude of perspectives and connects them smoothly. Each perspective is also quite unique so I was never confused about that.

There were very few things that I didn’t like about this book. One of those things is that murder seems to be taken quite casually. It wasn’t quite handled with the gravity that it should have been handled. But mental health issues such as addiction and phobias were handled reasonably well. I also wish this book had a few more chapters dedicated to some characters. Personally, I would have liked to hear more about Martin.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars for the intricate plot and realistic characters. This was a masterpiece of a book so it deserves no less than 4 stars. It was also perfectly edited as I noticed no errors.

I would recommend this book to people over the age of 18 as it has quite a few mature themes like murder, sex etc. People who enjoy mystery and contemporary are likely to enjoy this book.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It is true that what you say and do can influence someone else's life in a way that you didn't foresee. Most of us should try to keep that in mind with our interactions with others. I, myself, wish that I could go back and change some of my actions in the past. Of course, that isn't possible. Thanks for an excellent review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Entanglement is a fascinating concept! I totally agree with your rating as I also enjoyed the book immensely. Great review!
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Your opening statement caught my attention, as it is so thought-provoking. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the recommendation.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

Your opening statement caught my attention too, because a few kind words do go a long way. Thanks for your wonderful review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Prisallen wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 09:02 It is true that what you say and do can influence someone else's life in a way that you didn't foresee. Most of us should try to keep that in mind with our interactions with others. I, myself, wish that I could go back and change some of my actions in the past. Of course, that isn't possible. Thanks for an excellent review!
Thank you so much!
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:

C Janet wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 05:39 Your opening statement caught my attention too, because a few kind words do go a long way. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Yes, I definitely agree. Thank you for your kind words.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:

Saint Bruno wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 09:16 Your opening statement caught my attention, as it is so thought-provoking. I would love to read this book. Thanks for the recommendation.
That's so sweet of you to say, thank you!
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 12:14 Entanglement is a fascinating concept! I totally agree with your rating as I also enjoyed the book immensely. Great review!
Yes, it is very interesting! Thank you!
dumbbunny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dumbbunny »

The way our lives affect others is a very interesting concept. Thank you for your review!
asa luxe

Post by asa luxe »

The way you have described this book sounds perfect to me. I'll be sure to give this a shot. Thanks.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I agree that our actions have an impact on other people's lives. I would like to find out why Geena was happy about the death of Joe's father. Thanks for the wonderful review.
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

I am a theoretical physics fanatic and I am delighted how this author relates particle entanglement to our everyday actions. Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance". I am certainly reading this book. Thanks for this great review.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
asa luxe

Post by asa luxe »

I'd like to add that I find it an interesting concept that a scientific idea like quantum entanglement has been connected to real life in a practical way.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the plot of the novel resembles a rollercoaster ride. Such books hold attention to the last page.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”