Review of Visions of Prosetry (New Edition)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Review of Visions of Prosetry (New Edition)

Post by Nonso Ok »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Visions of Prosetry (New Edition)" by Vèè Nelly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Visions of Prosetry (New Edition) by Vèè Nelly is a collection of urban prose and poems that portray the author's life experiences and some other people; most of the prose and poems depict romantic relationships between individuals. Vèè describes the emotions involved in intimate relationships; these emotions include lust, anger, jealousy, love, and passion. Through her well-crafted stories, Vèè demonstrates that even though love is a beautiful experience, it can be very destructive.

After reading this book, it became evident to me that infidelity is fatal to an intimate relationship. Vèè stipulates many other factors that destroy intimate relationships. In Visions of Prosetry (New Edition), readers are informed of the elements that nourish romantic relationships, such as patience and effort; Vèè also describes the power and destructiveness of lust. This book equally examines other themes, such as spirituality and stress management.

Visions of Prosetry (New Edition) is truly a work of art as Vèè employs literary devices such as imagery, metaphors, and similes with great finesse. The story enchants the reader from the beginning till the end of the book. The author deals with the themes in this book comprehensively, which is to the reader's benefit. This book teaches the reader about the initiation, maintenance, stimulation, and enjoyment of romantic relationships. Also, I like how Vèè portrays the hazards of love and lust.

Another remarkable feature of this book is that it creates surreal experiences for the reader. The author achieves this by including spiritual creatures and experiences in her stories. Suspense is utilized with expertise to pique the reader's interest, making this book much more fascinating. An example of the use of suspense is in the poem "Knock Knock." I did not notice any errors in this book; it is exceptionally edited.

This book is centered on romantic, intimate, and sexual relationships. Intense sexual references are made throughout the text; I find it inappropriate that the religious figure known as Jesus Christ and certain Christian principles were involved in this narrative, which might offend some readers. The structure of this work is not great; the stories are not organized coherently. This might have been used to create suspense; however, many readers will find it confusing.

Considering the points I have stated, I rate Visions of Prosetry (New Edition) 3 out of 4 stars. I did not rate it higher because of the poor structure of the book. I did not rate it lower than I did because it is an evocative work of art that accurately expresses the intricacies of intimate relationships.

Considering the sexual content of this book, I do not recommend it to minors. However, I recommend it to people that are enthusiastic about romance fiction.

Visions of Prosetry (New Edition)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like a light reading that might be interesting to read. "Prosetry" sounds intriguing :).
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the combination of poetry and prose in one book. Thanks for the interesting review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Romance and poetry are always a mix. Thank you for a lovely review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It sounds as though this book covers a wide range of emotions and is, overall, an interesting collection of poetry and urban prose. However, poetry is not what I am drawn to most, so I most likely won't be reading it. Thanks for your excellent review!
Adelle v
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelle-v.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Adelle v »

Thank you for a great review although I don't think this is something I would like to read.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

A fusion of both prose and poetry? Quite intriguing I must say! Great review.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I feel its true that love is beautiful but also destructive. It is known that love makes us do crazy things. Wonderful review! :D
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The author offers some relationship builders in the form of poetry and prose. I liked the way you highlighted the author's views on attitudes and actions that can weaken or strengthen a relationship. This seems like a motivational book with Christian values. Thanks for the great review!
Suleiman Mangi
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Suleiman Mangi »

Poetry and prose the epitome of mastery of the written word. What an emotional roller coaster
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Oh I love poetry that speaks on love! The author has successfully highlighted several things that could make or break relationships. Poetry is definitely the language of the soul. I’d love to read this fusion of poetry and prose and see how it plays out. This was also, an amazingly written review ! Great job.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”