Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Randy the Irresistible, S M Goodier wrote a beautiful, adventurous, and romantic story. The story is about a young man named Randy. The book starts with a preface describing his birth. Unlike his other two siblings, Randy's birth caused complications for his mother, and she kept getting weaker till she gave up the ghost.

Randy grew into an irresistible young man who charmed both men and women. He was blessed with the attribute of being a quality salesman like his father; however, Randy was too selfish. He had two elder siblings, James and Harriet. He has an indifferent lifestyle which was a major cause of concern to his father, John. Randy couldn't finish his University education and decided to do part-time jobs. Those jobs kept exposing him to sexual harassment. He finally made up his mind to do a full-time job. He started the job but didn't quite get the excitement he wanted from it. The quest to find excitement in life inspired his move to London. His nature of nonchalance kept interfering with his life. It led him into moving houses, losing a lot of money and personal property. What became of the later part of Randy's adventurous life? Find out by reading this interesting story.

The book had a lot of positive points. I loved that the author developed the character of Randy so well. I did not just read about his adventures, romantic life and selfish attitude; I equally read about his birth and the circumstances that played different roles in shaping his life. His character was very relatable. The author also made his adventures comical, interesting and suspenseful. Also, I was able to relate to the characters of John, James, Michael, Nikki and a host of others. I equally love that when posed with challenges, Randy found a way to overcome them. The reader could pick the lesson of resilience from his personality.

The book also has some negative points. Away from its comical aspect, the book became boring at some point. Randy moved from one house to the other many times, making the story a little too monotonous. Also, the story involved a lot of characters, making it bulky. I feel the characters in the book could have been reduced. Some characters were not well developed as a result of having too many of them in the book.

The book was professionally edited. I found a few errors in it, but they were not enough to take anything away from my enjoyment of the book. Consequently, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a lower rating because it was a fascinating and comical read. I deducted one star because it was too bulky and sometimes boring.

The book is recommended to lovers of books with the themes of adventure, romance, and comedy.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Wonderful review. Would definitely love to have this on my shelves.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Wonder what became of the later part of Randy’s life. Great review here.
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

I am not much of a fan of romance books and from your review, I can also feel that you are not very enthusiastic about this book too. I guess different people have different tastes. Anyway, thanks for this great review.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
oluwafexz6274
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by oluwafexz6274 »

This is incredible, I lovee reading short stories covering different range of topics. I'll check this one out when I find time between reviews. Great work.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

Randy is quite the character. This is an amazing book by Goodier. Even a better review. Thank you.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I do not like books with too many characters as it gets me confused often than not especially when they're not properly developed. I like your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”