Review of The First Empire

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Review of The First Empire

Post by Luchris_michael »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The First Empire" by Robert D Gallagher.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The First Empire is the second book in the Lost and forgotten series by Robert D Gallagher. The book is a science fiction book interlaced with a supernatural theme. It has an interesting storyline that would keep you glued till the end. The First Empire narrates the ordeals of commander Taylor and how he manipulated Sam to get the ancient prototype ship from the black hole where Angel Samael was imprisoned. Sam went through a lot of struggles to get the ship. While trying to get the ship out, Sam was also manipulated by Samael who used him to get himself out of the prison in the black hole. The manipulation of Samael results in the death of Sam but then his consciousness was kept inside the prototype's matrix. The crew of the ship got to know that Samael was alive and would be coming for them. Sam advised them to leave the facility and while they were leaving commander Taylor took over the ship. Meanwhile, General Abital has allied with commander Simms, leader of the Mars federation and they aim to destroy the Earth federation. General Abital invades facility one where he encounters Dr. Brookes who did not leave with the crew because of her patients, and he gives the order that results in the transference of Cain's soldier minds into different bodies in the facility. General Abital's purpose is to build an army for Cain, his master. Will Commander Simms achieve his aim? Will Cain and his soldiers win the war against heaven?

The First Empire by Robert D Gallagher was an interesting read for me. The book was worth every bit of my time. I loved the intertwining nature of the book. I also loved how the author was able to blend the different points of view in the book. The characters in the book are amazing. The author did a good job of using words that expressed the emotions of the characters.

Although the book is mainly science fiction with a touch of supernatural, I felt other themes like adventure in it. I also loved how the book explored the Christian religion from a different perspective. I mean, what I have always known about Christianity was portrayed in an entirely different way, and even if I don't agree with all of it I still like the book.

I learned a lot of things from the 472 pages of the book. Furthermore, I learned about patience, persistence, kindness, and purpose. The plot of the book is a good one, I enjoyed every bit of fantasy that I felt from it. I did not like the perspective with which the author used in narrating the story of creation and the story of the first human who lived on earth.

Although the plot and the storyline were wonderful, there were errors in the book. I encountered some grammatical errors. The book was not well-edited. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors I encountered. I recommend the book to anyone who loves science fiction and supernatural books. The book cannot be read by kids because there are scenes that are beyond them.

The First Empire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

Science fiction and supernatural? Sounds intriguing indeed. Thanks for the great review, I'll check this out!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I don't think this is a book for me. Thanks for the good and objective review.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

Interesting storyline. Though I'm not a fan of science fiction, I'm sure lovers of the genre will enjoy the book. Great review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This review was well written. This science-fiction book will surely be an enjoyable one to read. Nice job.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I am curious about how the creation story is intertwined with the sci-fi story. The author created an interesting storyline with fascinating characters and an amazing mixture of genres! Thanks for recommending this book and author.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

This book sounds like it is a bit similar to Star Wars. I'm glad that you learned a lot from reading this book. I'm interested to see how black holes work in the plot. Hopefully the editing will be improved.

Thank you for your honest review.
:techie-reference:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”