Review of Dear Jesus Where Are you ( May 2021 )

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of Dear Jesus Where Are you ( May 2021 )

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dear Jesus Where Are you ( May 2021 )" by Emmazina Day.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dear Jesus Where Are you? by Emmazina Day is a children's book that is aimed at not just helping children find Jesus and draw closer to Him from an early age, but it is also aimed at helping them to understand God's expectations of them in life. To that effect, we get lessons revolving around putting God first in life, moving forward through Him, understanding that Jesus died for our sins and is all around us, and knowing that He holds all the answers to all our questions and wants.

I enjoyed the central theme of this book and fully subscribe to the idea of helping children to come closer to God at an early age, as the lessons they will learn from a young age are more likely to be retained and practiced. In many ways, the book also applies to adults as well, as I found myself understanding the significance of leaving the past in the past and focusing on God. Emmazina Day employs simple language in dishing these important messages out, and this was another highlight of the book for me since children will easily access and understand everything being taught.

The book does not include a lot of illustrations, and even when illustrations were included, I struggled to see the relationship between them and the lessons offered. This was one of the things I did not like about the book. Nevertheless, the brightly colored and eye-catching pages of the book will definitely pique the target audience's interest.

I also deeply connected with the themes of recognizing and showing love, knowing the power of our words, and having faith that were explored throughout the book. However, the plethora of grammatical and punctuation errors I encountered throughout the text consistently derailed my enlightening reading experience. I cannot imagine how difficult it will be for children to read through such errors.

While the book has its positives, especially with the aim of the lessons, there are several faults in its execution. Therefore, I will settle for giving the book a rating of two out of four stars, with its positivity preventing me from awarding the lowest possible rating. Dear Jesus Where Are you? will benefit children of all ages. It will also benefit adults who are looking to understand God's values.

Dear Jesus Where Are you ( May 2021 )
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

This book has a vital lessons to convey, and I believe children will benefit from it and help them lead a good life. Thanks for an honest review.
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

Christian books has always been my favorite type of books ,am definitely reading this book,thanks for the honest review .
Glorianacomfy27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Glorianacomfy27 »

I just loved the review of the book . Christian books got the vibe.Thanks for the fine review
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The book's title reminded me of a Bible verse Mathew 19:14 "but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” I will be adding the book to my collection. Great review
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

This sounds like a lovely, useful book to assist in teaching children about Jesus. As the reviewer mentioned, it's a pity there are so many errors. I would rather wait till these are corrected, before buying the book.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Children's Books”