Review of This Man's Choices

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of This Man's Choices

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "This Man's Choices" by Kathleen Whitney Rohr.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When making such a crucial decision like choosing a life partner, what should be the most important considerations? Should you be concerned enough to learn if your partner is with you just because of your money? Would you be prepared to make them sign a prenuptial agreement? In This Man's Choices, Kathleen Whitney Rohr explores such sensitive topics.

Tamra and Royce are married despite warnings from Reginald, Royce's father. He wishes to protect his son from the clutches of possible gold diggers targeting the family's vast wealth after he learns about Tamra's financial situation. The marriage starts falling apart after a major family event. Tamra starts to distance herself from everyone, and Royce does not have any solutions. What happens when Royce sets out to find a replacement mother figure in his daughters' lives or when Tamra discovers her children are now strangers? Does Royce get his happy ending? With his father's regular admonitions to uphold the Kallas legacy, is he able to care for his daughters and the rest of his family while managing an extensive multi-million dollar business empire? Find out by reading this intriguing work of fiction.

This book has a lot of positive aspects. Firstly, the language and diction employed in this book are relatable, interactive, and easy to understand. The simplicity of the diction aids the smooth flow of the plot and helps to keep the reader's attention. The dialogue is realistic and dynamic. I also appreciated that the author highlighted sensitive issues in marriage that most would ignore and shy away from. These issues affect society, and it is essential to have proper knowledge of them, as ignorance has led to messy divorces, abandoned children, and broken homes.

The characters in this book were well-rounded, dynamic, believable and blended well into the story. There are also moral lessons embedded in the book's pages, especially about everyone contributing their quotas to support society, which is a rare value presently. It is important to note that although I discovered a few errors while reading this book, it was still professionally edited. However, the length of the book is excessive and may easily bore and discourage some readers.

I do not hesitate to give This Man's Choices a perfect 4 out 4 stars rating. This book received an excellent rating because it was engaging, intriguing, and refreshing to read. I recommend it to all readers with a specific interest in fiction that highlights sensitive issues in marriage, such as a prenuptial agreement or divorce, and to mothers suffering from any form of depression after pregnancy.

This Man's Choices
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

I agree with you that ignorance has led to a lot of messy divorces. I would check this book out. Great review.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Royce sounds like a character I can learn to dislike. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I like the fact that the author addresses the marriage matter. It is good to learn about people before we go into relationship with them. Thanks for your review.
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

Marriage is an issue of great concern in the society and intending partners should be careful before delving into it as it is a great commitment. I would love to see how Royce manages to handle all of this.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”