Review of Leadership Upgrade

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Review of Leadership Upgrade

Post by Ruchi Raina »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Leadership Upgrade" by Michael Rowell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Leadership Upgrade by Michael Rowell is a must-read book that will open your eyes to the actual meaning of leadership. What makes one a successful leader? Does one need money? Or does one need power? Or is it the influence that’s needed? No, we need none of these things to become a leader. A true leader understands the concept of giving and receiving. He believes in the power of visions, and these visions aim at making the world a better place.

A good leader has the potential to see not only the weaknesses but also the strengths of his followers. But who is an outstanding leader? Someone who is first a good follower will make a good future leader. A good follower is someone who firmly believes in something and follows a leader who has the same ideology and goal as him. A follower who possesses a clear vision, a selfless attitude, the conviction of purpose, pioneering, breakthrough thinking, etcetera would make an outstanding leader. Integrity is one of the most crucial character traits of a leader. If you say one thing but do something else, you make people believe they cannot trust your word. A vision to work selflessly towards a goal that would help the people of a community or organization grow is what differentiates a genuine leader from the rest.

The author has done a commendable job explaining what true leadership is. He has explained that sometimes all that’s stopping one from becoming an outstanding leader is oneself; it can be the trauma of the undealt past relationships, fear of conflict, under-confidence, or simply an authoritative figure’s words that left an impression. I loved that the author has not just informed the readers about the problems but provided solutions to them too. He has described in great detail the ways one can overcome these things. Along with these explanations, the author has provided very practical examples and beautiful quotes to help the reader understand what he’s trying to say. A line that resonated the most with me is, “Our harshest critic can be the voice inside our head.” He has also emphasized the importance of legacy transfer and mentorship.

It's a very motivating book that will give you a push in the right direction. It's written in very simple language, and the examples along with the quotes would help the reader understand the essence of his advice in real-life situations. The examples especially were something I kept on looking forward to. Among them, Elijah’s situation was something I could relate to. Though nothing of the sort has happened to me, I could relate to his fear of messing up. His past was affecting his present, and that was the most important lesson to be learned. The things that he has mentioned may seem trivial, but they do indeed leave a deep impact on a person.

I am rating this book four out of four stars, as I only found a few errors. It seemed professionally edited. I would recommend this book to those who need a boost of motivation or aim to become outstanding leaders. It can be read by anyone who wants to work on their leadership traits or feels confused about how to lead. Something one must remember is that leaders are not born, they are made.

Leadership Upgrade
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Honestly, I think people should stop being followers because the blind are leading them. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Indeed all that's stopping one from being a true leader is oneself. Great review.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:

Post by Nonso Ok »

Niens Now wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 02:32 Honestly, I think people should stop being followers because the blind are leading them. Thank you for a great review.
I agree with you on this. Looks like an amazing book, I will definitely check it out.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:

Post by Nonso Ok »

Niens Now wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 02:32 Honestly, I think people should stop being followers because the blind are leading them. Thank you for a great review.
I agree with you on this. Looks like an amazing book, I will definitely check it out.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

That part of your review,"He has explained that sometimes all that’s stopping one from becoming an outstanding leader is oneself " caught my attention. Truly, its oneself that stops one from achieving a lot of things beside leadership.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

It seems to be a great book on leadership. The book seems to provides all the characteristics of a good leader. Thanks for the great review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Seems to be a great motivational read for aspiring managers and not only :) Thanks for a great review!
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

I like the way the author has balanced giving inspiring advice, with very practical guidance on how to overcome certain challenges of leadership. Thanks for a great review.
G D H
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Americanah
Currently Reading: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-d-h.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by G D H »

Just the kind of book I need to school me on the perfect topic. It is good you have not felt any comparable brunt of the fear of failure as intense as Elijah's. Too bad for me, I have. So I am picking this book up, and fast.

I appreciate your review. 👏
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This sounds like the perfect book on leadership, so eye opening! I will have to check this one out. Great review!
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

'...Sometimes all that's stopping one from becoming an outstanding leader is oneself.'
This really resonates and is so true.
I might give this book a try.
Thanks for the lovely review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

As the review portrays, Leadership Upgrade by Michael Rowell will be helpful to those who are aspiring to be leaders. Thanks for your review.
Prarthna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prarthna.html
Latest Review: The Farmer by Sam Braidwood

Post by Prarthna »

This seems like a perfect book for those who want to hone their leadership skills. Thanks for the great review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the author’s motivational ability. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”