Review of In Plain Sight

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Review of In Plain Sight

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In Plain Sight" by Alfred Adjokatcher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In this age and time that the world is evolving, opportunities are open to everyone. However, only a few people can capitalize on these opportunities; among them are the prominent entrepreneurs who have become our role models today. Have you ever wondered how this class of mogul went about their accomplishments?

In Plain Sight: Clearer Than Water is a masterpiece written by Alfred Adjokatcher. He enriches the mind with ideas to greatness and how to surmount every possible fear one could face within their path to greatness. The book comprises eight chapters and each chapter gives detailed strategies on how to become productive and thrive to becoming relevant to ourselves and the society at large. The author took a glide on his early work life; he explained how he served at different restaurants and later worked in a real estate company because he was aiming for a good-paying job. This is all thanks to the mentality he had while growing up back in Accra.

He talks about entrepreneurship and the sacrifices attached to this purpose. Afterward, he explains how to find solutions to human problems through time and curiosity. He emphasizes productivity and engaging in worthwhile things that would keep a person relevant in various sectors. He claims that learning is not just within the four walls of the school or about racking up degrees, but by "self-productivity" through a relentless effort to succeed, not being afraid to try new things, and staying out of competitions. Subsequently, the author talks about the art of gratitude through the "three Rs" and the importance of time management. Find out more of these basic steps to success by reading this inspiring book!

The book contains many positive aspects. It serves as a "manual to self-discovery" and opens our minds to things that seem difficult to achieve. The author does this by assuring the readers of being whatever they choose to be so long as they are willing to sacrifice all that is necessary to achieve it. This book is also very straightforward as the author illustrates in simple and layman terms for a comprehensive read. Also, I found this book to be more of a self-reflective book, where one could draw strength from. Moreover, the book was exceptionally well edited as I couldn't find any errors in it.

As for the negative aspect, it's really hard to figure this out because the book provides answers to essential questions about life. However, I feel the author laid too much emphasis on opportunities in America alone. This could raise unhealthy arguments.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a lower rating because it was enjoyable and was properly edited. I recommend this book to those that love reading motivational books.

In Plain Sight
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nobesuthu Khumalo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nobesuthu Khumalo »

It seems it very interesting, definitely I will read this book
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

I agree with your point that there are opportunties available outside of America also. Apart from that, this sounds like a very helpful and encouraging book.

Thank you for your detailed review.
🙂
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Lila Randhawa
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lila-randhawa.html
Latest Review: Conversing with Various Entities by Mary Ellen Wall

Post by Lila Randhawa »

It sounds like an interesting self-help book to achieve greatness through sacrifice. Unfortunately, it is America-centric. Good job with the review. Thank you.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I can agree that learning is not just inside of schools. I feel as though learning can be done anywhere and that anything can be a lesson. Nicely done review!
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

Seems like an amazing book. Would definitely check it out. Thank you for your review.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I believe not every self-help book is that easy to follow. Though this one seems to stand out somehow. Thankyou for such a nice review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”