Review of AI in Your Life! By Chai the AI Bot

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Review of AI in Your Life! By Chai the AI Bot

Post by MsH2k »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "AI in Your Life! By Chai the AI Bot" by Nisha Talagala.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

According to a data blog by World Bank, in 2017, 42 percent of the world’s population was under the age of 25. Coincidentally, the people in this demographic were born after the first smartphone was invented. With the rapid advances in technology, it can seem normal to ask a phone for the weather forecast in your area or directions to your friend’s house. AI in Your Life! by Chai the AI Bot is a children’s book that introduces Artificial Intelligence (AI), the technology behind these everyday conveniences.

Although Chai guides the reader through the pages, the author is Nisha Talagala. She is the CEO of AIClub, “a group of technology experts, teachers, and parents, who are passionate about helping our kids learn, enjoy technology, and imagine what they can create with it for themselves and a better future.” This group has published other books that focus on AI in specific areas, such as health, space exploration, and caring for the Earth.

This 47-page booklet has colorful pages, and the font is bold and easy to read. Chai explains how AI works when talking to digital assistants like Siri or Alexa and how Netflix knows which movies to recommend. The pages also touch on GPS (the Global Positioning System) and self-driving cars. There is an activity page early in the book that checks the reader’s understanding of the basics introduced. The answers are given on the same page spread, so it doesn’t take much time to correct any misinterpretations.

At the end, there are other activities, such as puzzles and games. My favorite is the one where the reader can create their own AI bot; they can draw it, name it, and decide what it will do to help them. I like this exercise because it encourages a child to think of new functionality that can enhance their life. It shows them that the creative process never ends.

There is nothing I dislike about this informative and engaging read, but unfortunately, I must deduct one star from the rating because of the number of grammatical errors. They were minor errors—missing punctuation and capitalization—that did not distract from the reading experience.

I, therefore, rate AI in Your Life! 3 out of 4 stars. This overview of how AI is used will give young readers a greater appreciation for the technology supporting daily tasks they take for granted. I recommend this activity book to children 8 to 12 years old. Younger readers may understand the overall idea, but they may not be able to differentiate the AI uses covered in the exercises.

AI in Your Life! By Chai the AI Bot
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I am tired up seeing such perfect books lose one star because of some grammatical or punctuation errors. This book explains the complex topic of Artificial Intelligence in such an easy and fun way. Thanks for the great review!
Ethan Howe
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-howe.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ethan Howe »

The books seems to be eye-opening to this complex topic which can not be avoided in this generation of ours. Thanks for the review. I want try it.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

What a beautiful educational tool. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

As the world advances in technology, there is every need for kids to be aware of what the world is turning into. Great review.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

A children books that explains such beautiful phenomenon to children in an easy way with beautiful illustrations is magnificent. Great job!
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Ethan Howe wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 08:06 The books seems to be eye-opening to this complex topic which can not be avoided in this generation of ours. Thanks for the review. I want try it.
This read was interesting and educational. I would also like to try some of the other books in the series. Thank you for your comment.
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Medhansh Bhardwaj wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 04:43 I am tired up seeing such perfect books lose one star because of some grammatical or punctuation errors. This book explains the complex topic of Artificial Intelligence in such an easy and fun way. Thanks for the great review!
It really does explain AI in a way that is easy to understand: by using examples of our everyday life. Thank you for your visit.
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Niens Now wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 16:42 What a beautiful educational tool. Thanks for a great review.
It is a great tool. The other books in the series look interesting too. Thank you for your comment.
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Nazzy_ wrote: 01 Oct 2021, 18:51 As the world advances in technology, there is every need for kids to be aware of what the world is turning into. Great review.
Yes, being aware of what we’re using is very important. Thank you for your visit and your comment.
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Mtibza eM wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 06:07 A children books that explains such beautiful phenomenon to children in an easy way with beautiful illustrations is magnificent. Great job!
Yes, the author made this complex subject easy to understand. The examples of everyday activities were relatable and described AI well. Thank you for your comment!
Rosa Parks
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This book will spark a child's imagination and I love that about it. To bring out such a not-so-easy subject in an easy manner... Thanks for the wonderful review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

C Janet wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 04:25 This book will spark a child's imagination and I love that about it. To bring out such a not-so-easy subject in an easy manner... Thanks for the wonderful review!
The author (and the AIClub) do a great job of making AI easy to understand: they discuss things the kids are very familiar with like Siri, Alexa, and Netflix.
Thank you for your comment, C Janet!
Rosa Parks
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

This seems like a very instructive book regarding technology, and not only for the young and curious minds. I loved reading your insightful review!
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

this sounds like a informative not only for children, I might learn something reading it to my child. interesting book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Children's Books”