Review of Booger Parts

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Review of Booger Parts

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Booger Parts" by Mag E. Letter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

By Mag E. Letter, Booger Parts is a short story about a boy who overheard snippets of a conversation between two people and how it affected his life as he grew up. Our main character, LB, has way too good hearing that it’s starting to become a burden because he can’t find peace when he wants to. Because of his overly good hearing, he relies on his portable CD player and headset to drown out the unwanted noises. However, this one day, he didn’t have these things with him, so he had no choice but to overhear a strange and incomplete conversation about “booger parts.” Oblivious to the fact that what he heard was only a snippet of the conversation, LB brings his confusion about this as he grows old.

The book was very short, and it was only a 15-minute read. However, a lot can be picked up from the story despite its short length. We see an illustrative example of how such small things can so easily influence a child’s mind. Additionally, the book shows how people can perceive different meanings from something that they do not fully know. The author wrote in a creative but comprehensive manner, which made reading the book very easy; it flowed naturally.

What I liked the most about this book was the weirdness of it all. LB was a weird kid, and how the “booger parts” conversation affected his life was even more bizarre. However, it was fun to read, and the weirdness gave a unique quality to the book. I also liked that the author revealed the complete sentence at the end because it satisfied my curiosity. The mystery of what the conversation was really about made the book more intriguing. The narrative flowed naturally. I also liked that we started off with the grown-up LB before diving into the actual story; this gave more character to LB.

I didn’t find anything to dislike about the book. The 15 minutes I spent on reading this was a time well-spent. I would recommend this to readers that are looking for a book that would make them guess. It is unique, so readers looking for such a quality in a book might also enjoy this one. However, readers that are easily disgusted by things such as boogers should move on to the next one.

I would say that this book was exceptionally edited, as I found no error while reading it. I immensely enjoyed the story, and I adored the uniqueness of it. Thus, my rating would be 4 out of 4 stars.

Booger Parts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Snigdha Pandey
Favorite Author: David Levithan
Favorite Book: Burn for Me (Hidden Legacy, #1)
Currently Reading: One last stop
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snigdha-pandey.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 5798

Post by Snigdha Pandey »

I love reading short stories. And sometimes, the weirder, the better. It's strange how the most trivial things in our childhood has shaped us as the person we are today. I look forward to reading this. Thanks for the great review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This book is uniquely different. I love the author style of writing. Great review!
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This is not your ordinary story. This kind of stories often go untold. According to your rating, this one seems like something I would pick up. Great review, Emerald!
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

I do believe that books on specific topics and all are better appreciated by readers who have an interest in them. Regardless, you have a well-written review that gives the reader an insight into what to expect. Congrats.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Through the reveiw it sounds like LB has been gifted and that gift has created a problem in his life as he could here more
Interesting readđź“–
:tiphat:
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

just the title shows that the protagonist is a child, but I didn't expect the story to continue as he grew p, interesting book, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”