Review of Trump You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Trump You

Post by Kennedy NC »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trump You" by Art Cohen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is not an exaggeration to state that Trump You by Art Cohen with Dan Good is the most interesting non-fiction book I have ever read. Hardly do you come across a book that is not centered on fiction, yet can engage and keep the reader's attention till the very last page. This will be every reader's experience while reading this book.

The author, Art Cohen, was in a difficult moment in his life in early 2009 when he found himself without a job. At that low point, he stumbled upon a “special invitation” in the mail and a full-page ad in the San Jose Mercury News promoting an opportunity. This opportunity was being presented by Donald Trump himself. It was an opportunity to become successful through learning real-estate secrets by registering for a course at Trump University.  “I can turn anyone into a successful real estate investor, including you.” The ad had the guarantee of Donald Trump himself.

And so Cohen and his wife, along with thousands of others, decide to register. They are made to part with sums of money at various stages of the course. For some, this money ran into thousands of dollars. Things turn awry as Cohen realizes that this is all a scam arrangement. He struggles to come to terms with the fact that he, along with many others, has been duped. Two class actions are instituted against Trump and his university where victims seek closure and compensation. Are they able to get what they want? Read this fascinating book to find out.

This book has numerous positive aspects. Firstly, despite being a lengthy read, I did not discover a single error in all the pages of this book. This is indeed rare to come across and it is evidence of the exceptional editing that went into this work. Another glowing point in favour of this book is that I never had the feeling while reading it that I was reading a non-fiction book. I appreciate the genuine attempt by the author to not merely reduce this book to a book that states just facts, figures and information. Instead, he infuses life, tension and intrigue into this work, making it a very engaging read.

Also, although this work is majorly a criticism of the ways of Trump, you get the feeling that the author tried to be as objective as possible. After all, at the beginning of the book, the author voiced his admiration for Trump before the whole incident took place. Even during the trial, he believes that Trump will do what is right and settle. This is not a book born out of malice. The pictures included in this book also added to my pleasure while reading it.

I found nothing negative to say about this book. I do not hesitate to give it a perfect 4 out of 4 stars rating. It was intriguing, informative, and enlightening. I recommend this non-fiction book to everyone who seeks to gain greater insight into the personal character of Donald Trump.

Trump You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Keeping personal biases aside, I think he is an interesting personality to study and dive deeper. Great review.
Dartemis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dartemis.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by Dartemis »

I can already see this book getting a lot of mixed reactions. Still, I'm glad there are books being written about Trump that aren't just talking about his presidency nowadays. Thank you for you review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

Donald triumph presidency, I would love to read more, thanks for the honest review.
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

It's very rare indeed to come across a book edited as well as this. I am also reading a non-fiction, book concerning Trump and I am enjoying it so much too. Thanks for this great review.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”