Review of Valoria

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Review of Valoria

Post by Standor5865 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Valoria" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After the war that led to great losses on both sides between Valoria and Intellectus, two of the three major kingdoms of Al Kunooz, the royal families of these kingdoms sued for peace and projected to join both families through the marriages of their children while signing a peace treaty in the future. Princess Amber of Intellectus is betrothed to Prince Zain of Valoria, while Zain's sister, Princess Zeina, is engaged to Prince Adam of Intellectus. This is a plan that is so many years in the making to ensure peace between the kingdoms, and as the time for its execution approaches, what could go wrong?

Valoria: Heirdom by Tayma Tameem is a fantasy novel that revolves around these royal families, their histories, the tension between them, and their proposed alliance. The book was a gripping read, as I struggled to put it down, even though it was fairly lengthy. Exploring themes of loyalty, betrayal, family, and love, we follow the intriguing characters that drive the story. The book features a host of strong female characters that readers will fall in love with from the first meeting, from the rebellious Princess Zeina, who wished to be free but understood the significance of her responsibility to her people, and her strong and wise mother, Queen Zainah, to Queen Najma of Intellectus, who, while being suspected for setting up the deaths of key people from Valoria during the war, showed class and brilliance to think ahead on multiple occasions.

The book is slow-paced, as the author gives readers enough time to immerse themselves in the family and political dynamics. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the princes and princesses attempt to understand their significant other, especially with an in-depth focus on Prince Adam and Princess Zeina since they disliked each other initially. Both of them being headstrong presented a problem and meant that they would only be going into marriage out of a sense of duty. Add that to the lack of trust that was in the air between both families, and you can imagine the level of suspense incorporated throughout the story. Excellent character development and the development of their relationship present other things for readers to look forward to.

Furthermore, Tayma Tameem does well to create a tense atmosphere that kept me on my toes, keeping me guessing about who the true enemy of peace in the kingdom was. The story ends with a twist that I never saw coming and sets up the second book in the series perfectly. I can't say that I am completely satisfied since I have to read the next book to see how this fascinating tale plays out.

Valoria: Heirdom is an exceptionally well-edited book. I did not find any errors while reading. There's not much to dislike about the novel as well. However, many of the characters' names beginning with the letter "Z" presented some confusion for me initially, but I got used to their names as the story went on.

All things considered, there is nothing that prevents me from awarding this book the maximum rating of four out of four stars. The plot and characters are well developed, and there is a lot of suspense to keep you engaged throughout. Young adults who enjoy fantasy novels will love this book.

Valoria
View: on Bookshelves
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This book gives an insight into the extent families can go in promoting harmony, especially when it has to do with two or more kingdoms. Being the fact that it's a royal story, I can't just wait to devour it.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

The dramatic tension has been observed in the novel that attempted me to transport to a different time and place. Great review!
Gabriela Veiga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriela-veiga.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gabriela Veiga »

Put a fantasy novel + strong female characters + enemies to lovers + marriage + distrust + kingdoms = me already hiped up. Thank you for the review, I'll defently check Valoria out.
Grace-Essien
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-essien.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Grace-Essien »

Sometimes, all we think about when we hear of 'the Royals' is regalia, wealths and affluence. I love how this book brings to our consciousness that there is a great deal of responsibility for the monarchs.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging novel with terrific world-building and character development. Yet another novel by Tayma Tameem receiving a stellar review. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I enjoy reading fantasy novels that involves royalty, thanks for the honest review.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Excellent review. I really look forward to reading this book, thanks for the wonderful review.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Princess Zeina, name sounds like an Indian princess, though it not and a very strong character.
great reveiw.
:tiphat:
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I like the way the author sets the stage for this novel, the first in a series. I found it to be slow moving at the start, but I enjoyed how the characters were introduced as well as the political rivalry between the two nations. Likewise, I found the letter 'Z' was overused in the names, and it took a little while to get them straight. Princess Zeina seems like a strong and interesting character. It will be fascinating to see how this story turns out. Thanks for the concise review on this novel.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I loved reading this book. I too was taken by surprise due to the twist at the end and simply can't wait to know what happens in the rest of the series.
Thank you for your review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting science fiction fantasy novel highlighting royalty, ensuing peace, conflict, responsibility, free will, and secrecy. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats @TaymaTameem on the BOTD selection.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This sounds like the typical fantasy novel that young people might enjoy. Fantasy is not my first choice but, from your review, this sounds entertaining. I will definitely try this. Thanks for your review.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. It seems that with the presence of Princess Zeina, Queen Zainah, and Queen Najma, this book will appeal to feminists.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I enjoy reading fantasy books and this one promises to be a good one. I am curious if Zeina and Adam can keep peace between the kingdoms. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”