Review of Stolen Redemption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Stolen Redemption

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stolen Redemption" by R B Alonso.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stolen Redemption was written by R. B. Alonso. The book tells of crimes and investigations. An incident in Little Soho claimed the life of a legend, Ryan Cox. This sent Adrian Powell and his cohorts running. The police and other authorities would go after them. Ray Warren, an officer with dirty secrets, went on a detailed search for Adrian Powell for straightforward and personal reasons. Warren employs various tactics to apprehend Adrian, including charging another man with the crime. The police intensified their efforts to find Adrian Powell. There is a big chance Adrian may be innocent of the crime. And if he was, would that stop his friend from going to jail? Will the truth about Ryan Cox's death expose the corruption eating deep into the police department?

This book portrayed crime, injustice, corruption, and other vices seen in typical society. I particularly enjoyed the author's use of characters to portray his themes. I saw how Simmo, a nurse, lured Adrian out of the safety of a hospital he was receiving care to kill him for the purpose of revenge. Another striking theme was friendship. Adrian Powell had good friends that were with him during a phase of his life. I also enjoyed the author's descriptive skill. An example was the way he described life in prison. Generally, this book tries to blend different ideas into one.

I think this book should have been more suspenseful and typical of a story about crime investigation. The author gave up a very important piece of information very early in the story by telling us the truth behind Ryan Cox's death. I would have preferred if I had to get to the end of the book to find out. The author replaced this with anticipation and little suspense, leaving the reader to discover if the falsely accused Adrian and his friends got off the hook. Also, I think the character used to start and end this book, Amy Willis, drew attention away from the main idea in the book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This rating is because of the previous paragraph. Also, I found some errors in this book. Though they were not enough to obstruct my reading, I can say this book was professionally edited.

This book will appeal to people who enjoy reading detective and crime adventure novels. Younger readers should be protected from the portrayal of vices in this book.

Stolen Redemption
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

This seems a good book. I like that the author reflects the vices of present world into the book. Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
🌻🌼
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

I love reading crime fictions. This was greatly written.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I wish this book had more suspense. Those are my favorites. I do like the fact that it doesn’t appear to be graphic. Sounds good. Thanks for the review!
Joyjen
Currently Reading: My living Will
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjen.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Joyjen »

A well written, smart and amazing review. You will breeze through the mystery quickly. Especially the part about Ryan Cox's death. I really love reading crime and adventure novels and I think this one will be the best. A great review.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

Really good review! Looks like a thrilling crime story :)
Recee Ann
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-recee-ann.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Recee Ann »

The book looks interesting. I think I'll check this one out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The author made some curious choices in developing this novel, otherwise it seems an intriguing crime thriller though it seems to have some dark tones. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

The story seems very relatable with reality. A good review. Thanks
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love reading crime stories with thrillers and investigations, beautiful review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”