Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The relationship between the Bible and science has been a subject of interest and dispute for centuries. There is a group of people who believe the Bible is a made-up book that has been forced upon people to make them believe in God. This group of people is of the view that science existed long before the Bible’s conception and publication. Another group of people believes God created the heavens, earth, and everything in it. The authors of this book attempt to reconcile these groups by proving that science and religion are interlinked.

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedman and Dania Sheldon discusses evolution through the lens of religion and science. The book explores the link between the universe, humanity, and God’s divine plan. It is composed of three parts and a total of 12 chapters. In the first part, the authors scrutinize and analyze scientific findings and biblical texts regarding the origins of humans and the earth. They discuss timelines of events from the perspectives of scientists and the Bible. The second part discusses the end days and explores how further away (or nearer) we are from the last days. The last part discusses the sin committed in the garden of Eden and how it can be rectified.

I liked the author’s use of images, the table of contents, and the inclusion of a glossary. It made it easy to cross-reference and get a clearer understanding of some words without having to consult external sources. I particularly appreciated how the book featured Jewish history and values that I found fascinating since I knew little about the Jew’s faith.

I didn’t enjoy that the book focused more on the author’s personal beliefs and less on the Bible. It appeared as if he was influencing the reader to lean towards the views and ideas shared in the book.

I am of the view that the book was professionally edited as there were no grammatical or typographical errors.

The book is not only thought-provoking and enlightening, but it is also well researched, with evidence to back the author’s point of view. The book contains illustrations such as maps of Israel and community maps. These illustrations provided visual stimulation, enhancing my reading experience.

For the reasons mentioned above, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend the book to readers who are fascinated by history and those interested in science or religion. The book is best suited for scientifically inclined readers and readers who subscribe to religions like Christianity and Jewish.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it is good that a well-known issue has been dealt with in a whole new way. Thanks for the good review.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

The book seems very fascinating with the connection between science and religion getting proved. I would love to know how the author will establish this connection. Thanks for the great review.
Priya_Singh
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-singh.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Priya_Singh »

I like that author tried to link religion and science which often go separate ways. Thank you for the wonderful review.🌻🌼
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

The author linked religion and science which is unique. However, being a religious person I don't think I will enjoy this book. Thanks for the thoughtful review.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

Although it sounds like the author wanted readers to lean towards his beliefs, it's good that the content of the book was well-researched and enlightening. Thank you for yet another honest and thorough review!
the_bibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bibliofile.html
Latest Review: Fouling in Business and College Athletics by Gonzalo Fernandez

Post by the_bibliofile »

It's an interesting concept to harmonize science and religion, but maybe just not for me... I tend to steer away from books surrounding religious concepts as it's a massive gray area. Thank you for the interesting review!
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

This book is okay, but the author focused on his beliefs too much for my opinion. Great review!
Currently Reading:

markodim721 wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 10:41 I think it is good that a well-known issue has been dealt with in a whole new way. Thanks for the good review.
Thanks for taking the time to read the review MarkoDim :tiphat:
Currently Reading:

TheMazeRunner wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 00:34 This book is okay, but the author focused on his beliefs too much for my opinion. Great review!
Trust me when I say I get you! There are some scientific findings that he analysed from his view as a believer. It almost ruined it for me because he sounded bias in some instances. Thanks for coming through!
Currently Reading:

SamaylaM wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 23:54 Although it sounds like the author wanted readers to lean towards his beliefs, it's good that the content of the book was well-researched and enlightening. Thank you for yet another honest and thorough review!
To an extent, the author sounded biased. Thanks for reading the review Samayla :tiphat:
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

This is a very insightful review. and I enjoyed reading it. I think this book would be most appreciated by open-minded readers. Thanks for the recommendation.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I am a science lover and I love reading books that try to connect the bible and science. I hope this book goes a long way in proving major points that relates the bible and science. Thanks for your review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

The extensive research and documented opinions make this book so interesting. Great review!
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

The charts and graphs were an essential part of this book for me. They really helped to reinforce the information presented. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”