Review of Is it Just Me?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Is it Just Me?

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Is it Just Me?" by Grant Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is a misconstrued idea that some developed countries like America will not have the same problem that also eats deep into underdeveloped countries. This book seems to debunk such ideas.

This book, Is It Just Me?: A Canadian Conservative’s Unapologetic Thoughts about 21st Century North American Life by Grant Moore is a non-fiction book that conveys the thoughts and worries on contemporary issues in the United States and Canada. The author tried to point out the deficiencies that are currently seen in different sectors and industries and how they have contributed to the growth and development of society.

The author shared some solid views and personal opinions in this book, which the reader may find appealing or controversial. Using captivating subheadings and practical examples, Grant takes the reader through what he believes were good times. He also created contrast on how different things in contemporary settings have become. I liked that he described some practices and ideas that individuals hold that may be detrimental to a unified society.

The reader is introduced to not-so-perfect spheres in society, where people tend to accept long-term abnormalities as usual. He presents society with racism, gender inequality, corruption, and problems that an average citizen in these countries may be faced with. But what I loved the most was that Grant gave some suggestions as possible remedies to these problems. He also leaves the reader with an urge to ponder and re-examine their views and practices. If there's a chance, things could become better.

Positively, the author's thoughts were pointed out, such that if they were accurate, readers in these countries that were discussed would not have a hard time correlating. Also, the author tried to accommodate spheres that a lot of readers may be conversant with, like politics, entertainment, and relationships. I was particularly interested in the author's school of thought on relationships and the rules governing them.

The negative thing in this book, for me, was the author's criticism. The author directed his criticism at some characters, though this was the message the author intended to convey. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found some errors, but the book seemed to be professionally edited. Also, it appeared properly executed.

I recommend this book to readers interested in societal and human development and are open to criticism. I do not recommend this book to readers who do not appreciate views contrary to what they think, as they may find this book very controversial.

Is it Just Me?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victor Kilyungi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kilyungi.html
Latest Review: A Fate Unwound Too Soon by anna-karen sorensen

Post by Victor Kilyungi »

The title caught me by surprise, but unfortunately I can't relate fully to the contents of the book. An informative review regardless. Well done.
Ashiraf Sserwadda
Currently Reading: Descendant Deception
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ashiraf Sserwadda »

I liked that he described some practices and ideas that individuals hold that may be detrimental to a unified society.thanks for the review
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

Nice review, it seems he did what he advertises in the title, an honest unapologetic opinion. It already aligns with my perspective, and given my overall pessimism, it would be nice to see what kind of solutions the author suggests.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”