Review of The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Review of The Truth Is Beyond Belief!

Post by That Reviewer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Truth Is Beyond Belief!" by Jerry Durr.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The moment we awake to the realization that the mind, the source of thoughts, is what blinds us to the truth of what is, then we have taken the first step to break out of the self-imposed prison of thoughts. The world as we perceive it is shaped by what we think it is, and for everyone, it is different because we have different experiences and desires. However, there is only the "One Truth," which is beyond what we think is real. Drawing heavily from eastern philosophical thoughts, The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr guides on how to be in the "NOW," experience pure love, and realize our potential as 'creators' of the world in which we want to live.

The world is perfect as it is. However, our thoughts have made it imperfect. Our anger and guilt intrude on our present, and our fears and worries create imperfect images of what is to come. In our familiarity with our seeming reality, we have lost sight of the beauty of existence. A quote from this book speaks to this fact: "Everything was "fine" until we started to "de-fine." Herein lies the problem and the solution, funnily. The "NOW" is ever-present, changing (because it is fluid) and yet not changing (because of its oneness); everything is nothing, and nothing is everything. The important thing is to connect to the source of creation, God, who is love.

The layout of this book is impressive in the way it says so much with so few words, like a summation of evergreen thoughts. This makes it an easy and impactful read. Its beauty is in its simple clarifying thoughts. For example, I find this particularly insightful: "Anger and guilt come from memories about the past. Fear and worry come from imaginings about the future. Peace and Perfection come from resting completely in The Present." Some of the postulations are self-evident, while some are subjective to the reader's belief. What the author is talking about is that sometimes we are not limited by what we believe but by what we stop believing.

The language of this book is simple and straight to the point. For people who are familiar with its concept already, the viewpoints are reinforcing. Readers can write or print out interesting or meaningful words as guiding tools in their daily pursuit of truth. Essentially, this book is well done; there are no errors. It passes its message clearly; its meaning is not lost in too much wordiness. There's nothing with which I can fault this book.

I will recommend this book to readers interested in eastern philosophical inclinations. It is not religious per se, but it touches on issues that can affect the reader's religious disposition. Essentially, readers need to be open-minded before diving into this book. For readers who are familiar with the concepts of infinity, energy force, and self, it will serve as a daily reminder. I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is one of the most straightforward books you will ever read, as so much is contained in a few words. It is also one of the most profound books you will ever encounter; it calls for thoughts in the right direction.

The Truth Is Beyond Belief!
View: on Bookshelves
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

"Anger and guilt come from memories about the past. Fear and worry come from imaginings about the future. Peace and Perfection come from resting completely in The Present." These are the best lines from this review and i just couldn't resist myself from noting this down. Your review is making the book appealing. Well-articulated review!
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

I'm a big fan of philosophical books, so I'll definitely be reading this one. This seems like a very interesting read. Thanks for the great review!
gina_rae73
Favorite Book: Wasting Time
Currently Reading: The Poe Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina-rae73.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gina_rae73 »

I am not too familiar with eastern philosophy but i am open to new ideas since my knowledge in the subject of religion is minimum at best ( I was raised Catholic). I will have to pick this one up soon.
:ecrivain: Gina Rae :gaah:
Bright Umoru
Currently Reading: How to be successful
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-umoru.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Love by Sherine Anniruth
Reading Device: Android

Post by Bright Umoru »

Yes the the best is to connect the creator. This remind me of a book I read Purpose Driven Life you can't know the purpose of a creation without the creator guide (manual)
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The truth is not the only truth. Everyone has there own version of truth. The review has explained in detail the concepts of the book. I feel this book will give me much more insight. I'll read this book.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

I liked the inclusion of quotes from the book. I enjoyed review.
words_dreamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-words-dreamer.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by words_dreamer »

Never tried a philosophical book before but after reading this overview would love to give it a chance.
Ego Emer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ego-emer.html
Latest Review: FEAR ME NOW: The War Annex by Christopher Williams

Post by Ego Emer »

The mind is what blinds us to the truth? The thought of this alone is already thought provoking. This philosophical book is one that would pry our minds open to many hidden truths.
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I already feel like I have connected to this book. I used to be a prisoner of my own thoughts too. I would definitely love to read it. Thanks for the lovely review.
Nanang Hermawan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nanang Hermawan »

This book illustrates that we live must be prepared in situations that do not go as well as we want
Ramra
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ramra »

Interesting review,
I'm starting to believe the 8th dimension theory, which combines;the future, present and the past together. When you combine those into one aspect, you get what Jerry means by the "Now. I'M GOING TO READ THIS ONE RIGHT AWAY!
Chetna_Kharbanda
Currently Reading: Unsound
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chetna-123.html
Latest Review: "Are You a N****r or a Doctor?" by Otto E. Stallworth Jr. MD MBA

Post by Chetna_Kharbanda »

Who could skip reading this one after such an insightful and precise review? I am definitely going for it.
S T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-t.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by S T »

Philosophy often guides us towards the true meaning of life. We cannot remain bound by our past mistakes and grief. Life is a beautiful journey and one needs to gather the motivation to explore the facets of life. Indeed after great hardship comes ease. Thank you for such a detailed review. You have beautifully summed up the essence of this book in such a comprehensive manner.
Rosefarid
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Rosefarid »

The world as we perceive it is shaped by what we think it is, and for everyone, it is different because we have different experiences and desires... Exactly! That was a extremely good definition.. Nice review too..
NO WHERE IS GOD.
NOW HERE IS GOD.
The phrase can read like what we think...
The book is full of positive vibes and thought provoking quotes.. Truth is beyond belief but Jerry Durr controlled cleverly within a book..
Rated perfect..

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”