Review of Between Mountains

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Review of Between Mountains

Post by Ldpuff »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Between Mountains" by Dr. Tony V. Lewis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Between Mountains by Dr. Tony V. Lewis was an inspirational read about the valleys and mountains that we will inevitably face in life. This book focused mainly on the valleys, but mountains were mentioned a few times. Dr. Tony V. Lewis knows that we all will face valleys and that these valleys are not always pleasant. The information he presented in his book was intended to help the reader through their valleys or to at the very least, understand their valleys. Each type of valley has a purpose and God has a plan for us while we are in the valley. We need not worry or be stuck in despair, but instead reach for a higher understanding and grow beyond our past selves.

My favorite part of this book was the layout of the chapters. Each chapter was titled valley of something. For example, one chapter was titled Valleys of Testing. The titles of the chapters set the reader up to know exactly what information was about to be presented. Even though each chapter name was similar, I did not find the decision to do so to be redundant, but rather it helped the overall cohesion of the book.

I would not say that I had a least favorite part of this book. I enjoyed the Bible verses throughout the pages of the book; however, there were times while I was reading that I felt as though there were too many verses too close together. I wanted to read more of the author’s information without so many Bible verses mixed in. The verses always made sense along with the passages, I just believe the author could have been a bit more selective with his choice on how many verses to include.

I rate this book four out of four stars. I did not find any errors while I was reading and I enjoyed this book more than I anticipated that I would. I found the information provided to be extremely helpful and uplifting. The author did a fantastic job at conveying a clear and concise message with his words.

I would recommend this book mostly to a Christian audience for a few reasons. The author references the Bible on almost every page and understanding the Bible is almost a prerequisite to reading this book. If a reader is unfamiliar with the Bible, there is a possibility of confusion while reading. The author does explain each biblical quote, but the explanation is more suited for an audience who has at least a general foundation of knowledge in the subject matter presented.

Between Mountains
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I love the concept of comparing our life to mountains and valleys. However, I'm not too fond of religious books, so I may pass on this one. Thank you for the lovely review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Teresa Raj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teresa-raj.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Teresa Raj »

I like the concept of this book. I was searching for something inspirational and I think this one will fit and I'm Christian so I'm going to read this one. Plus I really like your review it really got me.
Ldpuff

Post by Ldpuff »

smolbird wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 09:31 I love the concept of comparing our life to mountains and valleys. However, I'm not too fond of religious books, so I may pass on this one. Thank you for the lovely review!
Thanks for the comment!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This seems like a nice, inspirational book for Christians. Great review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the metaphor the author used. Thanks for the good review.
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

This seems like an inspirational book. I'll recommend it to my Christian friends. Thanks for the great review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Nice metaphor for the hardships that we encounter in our life! Thank you for this excellent review!
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

We all have mountains and valleys in life. We have to face it whether we like it or not. The book and the review are voth fascinating.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a very inspirational book for Christian readers. I think it is something I would appreciate. Thanks for your excellent review!
Ldpuff

Post by Ldpuff »

Hannah Fabro wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 19:04 We all have mountains and valleys in life. We have to face it whether we like it or not. The book and the review are voth fascinating.
Thanks!
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

This is a perfect book for Christians. It explains many paths that life can give us. Perfect review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”