Review of Keto guide book

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Review of Keto guide book

Post by markodim721 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Keto guide book" by Alex Homier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The title of the book Keto Guide Book: Your Weight Loss Journey Starts Now refers readers to its content in the most direct way. Author Alex Homier guides readers through the benefits of a ketogenic diet and a healthier lifestyle in a simple and easy-to-understand way. What started as a necessity, in order to improve one’s own health condition, turned into a life choice because the author is a ketogenic and intermittent fasting health coach.

Although not extensive, the book is full of data, and emphasis is placed on the substance. The content of the book is organized into 18 chapters, arranged in a logical order. The whole guidebook is much more than just a reminder of a ketogenic diet. It is a practical call to action and taking control of your own body and life. First of all, Alex Homier introduces readers to achieving the motivation necessary during a change in the whole lifestyle and the temptations that this change brings with it. The book introduces readers to the strategy of losing body fat, the ketogenic lifestyle, insulin, and its importance, sugars, electrolytes, intermittent fasting, and autophagy. Finally, the author provides answers to frequently asked questions, provides bonuses in the form of lists of foods to be consumed and to be avoided, and there is a glossary organized in a logical order. Much of the information of a medical nature comes from Dr. Berg's research.

What I particularly liked about the Keto Guide Book: Your Weight Loss Journey Starts Now is its focus on the essence with minimal citation of theory and research. Also, the book is a direct call to action, and readers are expected to put what they have read into action. The content of the book is clearly and logically organized so that readers are gradually introduced to the ketogenic lifestyle. As particularly interesting parts of the book, I would single out the refutation of wrong ingrained beliefs and the chapter dedicated to autophagy. Many readers will be amazed to learn that the human body possesses the ability to recycle and self-renew when exposed to fasting for a period of 18 hours. In addition to reducing body weight, autophagy also has a beneficial effect on heart health, protection of the immune system, and has anti-aging effects. Perhaps the greatest advantage of the book is the rich personal experience of the author. The entire book is professionally edited and contains no errors.

I have almost no objections to the book. What is obvious is that it is intended primarily for American readers. For example, in one part of the guidebook, yogurt is listed as food that should be avoided, without taking into account cultural and gastronomic differences around the world.

Taking all of the above into account, deciding how to rate Keto Guide Book: Your Weight Loss Journey Starts Now was an easy one. My final judgment is to rate the book with four out of four stars. The gradual introduction of readers to the ketogenic lifestyle, practical advice, and encouragement for concrete action are the main values of the book.

I recommend the book to people who want changes in their unhealthy lifestyles, people who want to live healthier and get rid of excess weight, and people who suffer from chronic diseases. I am not sure that the book would be the right choice for the younger population, which is still in the phase of growth and development, as well as for professional athletes.

Keto guide book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Post by Hhannahh »

Although I'm not into keto and other weight loss strategy, besides exercise, I think this is a helpful book. Thank you for this insightful review.
Hannah Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-fabro.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Hannah Fabro »

I can really say that Keto is the best diet I've ever encountered. This book is such a good help.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Hhannahh wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 17:41 Although I'm not into keto and other weight loss strategy, besides exercise, I think this is a helpful book. Thank you for this insightful review.
I also think that the book goes beyond the limits of the child, but also directs us to the basics of health, knowledge of our body, nutrition. Thanks for stopping by.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Hannah Fabro wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 18:20 I can really say that Keto is the best diet I've ever encountered. This book is such a good help.
I'm glad you benefited from the diet. Thanks for stopping by.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I'm not really into diet plans so I guess, I'll let this one pass. Excellent review though.
Thank you.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Clare Jose wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 23:24 I'm not really into diet plans so I guess, I'll let this one pass. Excellent review though.
Thank you.
I'm glad you liked the review. Thanks for stopping by.
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

This sounds like a well-researched book. I appreciate the author's dedication to helping others find a healthy lifestyle, although I hope she also discusses instances where someone should not do a keto diet or the adverse effects it could have. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Keto is very trendy nowadays, but it is very important to keep it correctly and to determine if is suits you. I am curious to discover the author's view regarding this diet. Thank you for this amazing review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

maggi3 wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 01:14 This sounds like a well-researched book. I appreciate the author's dedication to helping others find a healthy lifestyle, although I hope she also discusses instances where someone should not do a keto diet or the adverse effects it could have. Thanks for the review!
The book is really useful and provides extensive knowledge to help those interested to change their lifestyle. Thanks for stopping by.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 21 Jul 2021, 02:58 Keto is very trendy nowadays, but it is very important to keep it correctly and to determine if is suits you. I am curious to discover the author's view regarding this diet. Thank you for this amazing review!
You are absolutely right. What suits one person does not necessarily mean that it is suitable for everyone. Thanks for the comment.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

I had seen the rave of the Keto diet all over social media in the last few years and thus, researched myself. It's good to see a book like this that can shed more light regarding this diet and intermittent fasting to my knowledge. Thanks for a well-written and detailed review!
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

Although I think that this book is helpful, I still believe that one should figure out what works for them as an individual. Thank you for the thorough review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

Not a book that I am likely to read, as I disagree with the keto lifestyle, but I am sure many readers will find it helpful. Thanks for the review!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I'm confused about what the keto diet is all about, so this book seems like it may help me understand. I have family members with diabetes, it might help them too. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”