Review of Rescuing General Patton

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Review of Rescuing General Patton

Post by Novela book »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rescuing General Patton" by Curtis Stephen Burdick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

World wars make one imagine things like soldiers fighting their enemy, firing bullets from heavy machine guns, trying to escape the enemy troops or sabotaging the enemies plans. But what if one gets to know the actual background work behind the missions, the battlefield and how each step against the enemy doesn’t guarantee the expected results? The book Rescuing General Patton written by Curtis Stephen Burdick takes you to an amazing visual thriller through an engaging narrative based on a suicide mission. This book showcases the actual terror and suspense behind a mission the U.S. military went through in saving a General from the Germans and the inevitable horrors of war being faced with it.

The story follows the name of the book. General S. Patton addresses his army battalion on an urgent matter about the escape of the German troops out of Italy and commands to capture them before they succeed. But in the middle of their plan, they get attacked and Patton is taken hostage by the enemy. This initiates the planning and plotting about the rescue mission of General Patton. General Bradley carries out this task and appoints the best rangers for it, which was being led by Captain Peter Pizzio.

The book takes you on a journey into the World War II era, where it presents the ways inside the battlefield and the history of what took place during the mission in the most vivid manner. I liked the way the mechanics of war was described in a detailed way. The rescue team infiltrating the enemy camps and destroying them and finishing the Germans with hand grenades and bazookas were some of my favorite parts of the book. The best part about the book was the characters involved and their interactions with each other. Curtis Burdick has done a brilliant job at character designing, displaying their mannerisms of speech according to the war era and the rank system in the army. He showcases how a real soldier fights in a battle without worrying about his own life. The author’s writing style really fascinated me as I went through the sentences of his amazing imagination. I could feel the tension and suspense through my skin along with the characters in the book. I got excited to know that characters like General Bradley and others were actual historical figures who fought in World War II.

Overall, it is a book written and executed at a great pace. I felt like I was watching an action thriller movie with a perfect climax as I went through the pages of the book. It highlighted how in the army, soldiers defy all the odds on a battlefield with their utmost willpower and carry on with their tasks. It was really impressive to know their struggle and value for their mission over anything else, even their own lives. I loved the whole book, from the beginning to the end. The end was especially emotional, which exhibited all the pain and grief of the family members of soldiers who fought the war was shown. It gave a realistic touch to the story.

It is one of the best works of historical fiction I have come across, and I want to recommend it to those who love world war and also to those who are history enthusiasts. The book is professionally edited with no errors found. I would gladly give this book a 4 out of 4 stars because of its mind-blowing narration, which infused me with such creativity and imagination. It has the usage of profanities and display of graphic description of violence and blood scenes which I suggest is unsuitable for children, but young adults can surely enjoy it. The book didn’t give me anything to dislike about it.

Rescuing General Patton
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Thank you for your engaging review! I was wondering about this book, and your words and rating convinced me to add it to my list.
Novela book

Post by Novela book »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 13:19 Thank you for your engaging review! I was wondering about this book, and your words and rating convinced me to add it to my list.
Glad to help you made up your mind :D
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

I think if like to read about how General Patton was rescued. The 4-star rating, explained by this well-written review has convinced me about how much I would enjoy the book. Thanks for the review.
Novela book

Post by Novela book »

Emily_Jen wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 10:19 I think if like to read about how General Patton was rescued. The 4-star rating, explained by this well-written review has convinced me about how much I would enjoy the book. Thanks for the review.
Thank you for your appreciation 😊.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

Thanks for the good review, the book definitely interests me.
Novela book

Post by Novela book »

markodim721 wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 13:38 Thanks for the good review, the book definitely interests me.
Thank you so much.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”