Review of Infinit

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Review of Infinit

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Infinit" by Mariia Nova.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It's 2050; humans have evolved beyond planet Earth, and life is now possible on other Infinits. Residents of one Infinit can travel to another through ever-moving waves that look just like picture frames. However, the unity the galaxies have enjoyed over the years is about to be upset by one man. The onus is on Sam to live up to her purpose and save the last bridge from obliteration. But first, she has to retrieve her medallion and rescue the woman that raised her.

Infinit is an intergalactic sci-fi novel by Mariia Nova. Its futuristic plot is relayed in the third person and peppered with colourful and engaging illustrations that fuel the imagination and feed the eyes.

As a nature lover, I appreciate that Nova incorporated lots of nature into the book's plot. The trees and wondrous creatures she described evoked a sense of wonder and serenity in me. In addition, her lucid narration made me feel like a part of the characters and not many writers can do that.

I have a few complaints about this work, though. The ending is a cliffhanger. So I didn't quite get the climax I expected from the pent-up suspense, and there isn't any indication that there is a sequel in the works. Also, the main plot has some holes. The connection between Sam's mom's demise and Sam ending up in another Infinit wasn't clarified. Again, I wonder why Skull didn't seem concerned about his daughter's whereabouts all the while.

Overall, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. It was a decent read. It's well laid out, and the editing reeks of mastery. The illustrations are clear and engaging as well. Still, I knocked off a star partly because of the issues I mentioned above. Secondly, I think the author sacrificed depth for bulk. When I read fiction, I'm all about the characters. How strong are they? How realistic are they? So I need background information to become emotionally invested in them. Sadly, the backstories of most characters in this book are too vague for me, and I need them solid to feel connected. I tried, but one can't force chemistry. A glint here and a flashback there just aren't enough.

That being said, intergalactic science fiction buffs will adore this book. It is a coming-of-age story and will appeal to young adults, but mature readers will enjoy it too. Besides a few violent scenes, the content and language are clean.

Infinit
View: on Bookshelves
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

What an interesting read, sure the illustrations makes it easy in comprehension, good review
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Not interested if the characters aren’t well developed. I need clarity! Thanks for the review.
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

Wow, I didn't expect there to be illustrations in the book, that's interesting. The plot and elements of nature are intriguing as well, but I can't read a book with underdeveloped characters. Thank you for the great review!
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Miriam nkere wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 05:16 What an interesting read, sure the illustrations makes it easy in comprehension, good review
Thanks for stopping by, Miriam.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

amrinzaeda wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 21:30 Wow, I didn't expect there to be illustrations in the book, that's interesting. The plot and elements of nature are intriguing as well, but I can't read a book with underdeveloped characters. Thank you for the great review!
Thanks for your comment, amrinzaeda.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Amy Luman wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 13:32 Not interested if the characters aren’t well developed. I need clarity! Thanks for the review.
Thanks for your comment.
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

With the plot holes, cliffhanger, and undeveloped characters, I think I'll pass on this book. Thanks for the great, thorough review!
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

Futuristic fiction with a cliffhanger ending, sounds right up my alley. 😂 Should make for a fun read. Great review by the way
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think the characters needed to be better developed, for the book to reach its full potential.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel has some interesting concepts but it's a shame that the characters are underdeveloped. I hope the author writes a sequel to improve the characters and clarify the problems you mentions with the plot. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

It sounds like the story could be quite interesting but also like there's a fair amount of background information readers need to get caught up on upfront. For example, what's an infinit? That's true in most, if not all, sci fi, but your comment that the author failed at providing enough background information makes me wonder if it would be difficult to get oriented to the book's world.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”