Review of The Power of Strategic Influence!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Review of The Power of Strategic Influence!

Post by markodim721 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Power of Strategic Influence!" by Gary C Laney.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What would you do in a situation where you had just landed from a ship in an unknown city, with nothing more than the clothes you were wearing, knowledge of the language, and just a few dollars in your pocket? It is this question that author Gary C. Laney will often ask to illustrate the impact of any individual on the world around him at a given time. The title of the book The Power of Strategic Influence!: 10 Success Factors of Highly Influential Leaders leaves little room for speculation about the topic the book covers. The content of the book is divided, in addition to the introductory part, into three larger parts which are further divided to cover different spheres of influence. Each of the six spheres is composed of two success factors.

Emphasizing the acceptance of personal responsibility and the importance of becoming self-reliant, through the development of a network of influential connections, the author leads readers to form trusted partnerships. Taking on the role of an influencer, all the way to assessing our personal driving forces, becoming a center of influence, and the importance of giving back, the book presents the basic principles of strategic influencing to readers in an easily understandable and logical way. After each success factor presented, the author offered readers a brief overview and reminder of the most important in the chapter. Also, after each success factor presented is an interview with some of the most influential CEOs of today.

What I particularly liked about The Power of Strategic Influence!: 10 Success Factors of Highly Influential Leaders is the fact that the basic ideas of the author's approach to strategic influence are presented in an easy-to-understand way. The content of the book is clearly and logically organized, making it easy to read and adopt. I really liked the fact that the book goes beyond the scope of a traditional business book. Occasionally, emphasis was placed on family values, so many interviewed CEOs pointed out their parents as one of their most important influencers. The book is enriched with very appropriate illustrations which further reinforce the point of the presented content. Also, the use of effective examples and comparisons is common. The book is very well edited and I didn’t find any errors during the reading.

I have almost no objections to the book. If I had to state one thing that I would change, in the case of this book it would be its volume since the same principles could have been communicated in a more concise form.

With all of the above in mind, deciding how to rate The Power of Strategic Influence!: 10 Success Factors of Highly Influential Leaders was very easy. My final judgment is to rate the book with four out of four stars. Practical advice, easy-to-understand examples, and encouragement for concrete action make this book worth the time and money.

I recommend the book to experienced business professionals as well as beginners in business, students, athletes, but also to all people who are looking for a way to complete their knowledge and skills of strategic influence, necessary in every sphere of life.

The Power of Strategic Influence!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Personal responsibility and self-reliance are very important skills, and they should be taught in school! It seems like a very useful book, so thank you for your recommendation. Great job!
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 03:34 Personal responsibility and self-reliance are very important skills, and they should be taught in school! It seems like a very useful book, so thank you for your recommendation. Great job!
This is probably the best book I've read this year. I'm glad that my review interested you in the book.
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

Your opening statement is quite interesting and probably shows how interesting the book is. Thanks for the nice review.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

"the importance of becoming self-reliant"- these words alone are enough to make me want to read this book. The book and the review are both fascinating.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

An interesting read that I’m sure various types of people could relate to. I’m glad this book at such a profound impact on you! Thanks for a good review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Unsullied wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 05:28 Your opening statement is quite interesting and probably shows how interesting the book is. Thanks for the nice review.
The book is really interesting and the author uses striking examples of what the chapter is about, so the reading was a real pleasure.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Nqobile771 wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 05:58 "the importance of becoming self-reliant"- these words alone are enough to make me want to read this book. The book and the review are both fascinating.
I'm glad that my review interested you in the book. Thanks for stopping by.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Ldpuff wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 07:13 An interesting read that I’m sure various types of people could relate to. I’m glad this book at such a profound impact on you! Thanks for a good review.
You are absolutely right, the book really has a universal application. Thanks for the comment.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

Amazing Review! It makes me interested in a topic I never have even thought about for a period longer than a few minutes. Great Job!
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

Wesusa wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 11:33 Amazing Review! It makes me interested in a topic I never have even thought about for a period longer than a few minutes. Great Job!
I am glad that my review managed to interest you in the book. Thanks for stopping by.
derialist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derialist.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by derialist »

It sounds like a book that targets those venturing into business or entrepreneurship, but I'm convinced that anyone can benefit from reading this. Thanks for the review, it's very concise.
markodim721
Currently Reading:

Post by markodim721 »

derialist wrote: 14 Jul 2021, 14:52 It sounds like a book that targets those venturing into business or entrepreneurship, but I'm convinced that anyone can benefit from reading this. Thanks for the review, it's very concise.
You are absolutely right, since the topic of influence is ubiquitous and applicable everywhere.
Barbara Perini
Currently Reading: Il nome della rosa
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-perini.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Barbara Perini »

It seems interesting, indeed. It appeals to me reading about strategies and I think many readers would get something useful as we are always influencing and being influenced for sure.
gayle_lit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gayle_lit »

I like what this book has inside in it, this book can benefit everyone. So helpful, keep going. Good job!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”