Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by NISSE »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is a non-fiction book. The content of the book can be categorized as the formation of the universe, life on earth, and the concept of the end of days. What is your understanding of the formation of the universe? Is there a definite timeline of the evolution of the universe? Is there a connection between modern-day studies and what is written in ancient religious texts on the same subject? Is there a piece of conclusive evidence to the end of day phenomena? Or is it solely a matter of conjecture? The authors have taken into consideration modern-day scientific studies as well as ancient religious texts to come up with their theories to find out answers to these questions in this book.

What is impressive about the book remains the excellent way it has been presented by the authors. Both the authors are highly educated experts in two varying fields. One of the authors, Daniel Friedmann is an award-winning author. He is a qualified engineer and a Master’s degree holder of Applied Science. Moreover, he is an expert on the creation-evolution subject and has gone on to write several books on the similar subjects. His expertise in the field clearly evident in the way this book has been structured and presented. The author explains his theories eloquently on the subject which gives the impression to the reader that the author knows what he is talking about. Co-author, Dania Sheldon holds a doctorate in English language and literature. She is a professional writer, editor, and research worker in several fields. Her expertise in the writing and editorial aspect reflects on the book, too. For example, there are several features included in the book so that it will be easier for the reader to refer the content. Some of these features include a reading guide, sources list, glossary, endnotes, figures and tables which enhanced the quality of the book.

Another area I enjoy about the book is the use of maps and ancient pictures and images that have been included in the book. This has helped me to gauge better what was discussed in a particular chapter. Moreover, there are tables and charts have been used sporadically to convince the reader of the calculations done when various factors are taken into consideration. The authors’ have adopted these tactics to keep the readers engaged in the book as this is a non-fiction book.

One aspect I did not like about the book is that it is overwhelmed with lengthy and sometimes exhaustive technical details. This is evident in the way the author tries to emphasize his theories with extensive details. It will be hard to appreciate this aspect of the book for the average reader. This gives more of a text book feel to the book rather than of a conventional nonfiction read.

Notwithstanding the above point, I do believe this book is an excellent educational read. I did not discover any errors in the book. So, it is evident the book is exceptionally well-edited. This is not surprising considering Dania Sheldon is a professional editor. I can rate this book 4 out of 4 stars considering all the factors discussed in the review.

I can recommend the book to anyone interested in the end of day phenomena and the life of the earth as this subject matter discussed in the book will open up a further discussion on the timelines of the evolution of the earth.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Friedman is a very skilled writer, indeed! I loved reading your thorough presentation!
NISSE
Currently Reading:

Post by NISSE »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 05:15 Friedman is a very skilled writer, indeed! I loved reading your thorough presentation!
Thank you for the comment. Happy reading!
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

One thing I would enjoy about the book is the use of maps and ancient pictures and images. The maps would help me understand the authors' message better. Nice review.
NISSE
Currently Reading:

Post by NISSE »

Emily_Jen wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 07:23 One thing I would enjoy about the book is the use of maps and ancient pictures and images. The maps would help me understand the authors' message better. Nice review.
You are absolutely correct. Thanks for the comment. :D
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This is just the kind of book that gets the mind thinking. Thanks for your great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
NISSE
Currently Reading:

Post by NISSE »

C Janet wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 06:41 This is just the kind of book that gets the mind thinking. Thanks for your great review!
Thank you for the comment. Happy reading :)
NISSE
Currently Reading:

Post by NISSE »

C Janet wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 06:41 This is just the kind of book that gets the mind thinking. Thanks for your great review!
Thank you for the comment. Happy reading :)
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

While I appreciate the fresh approach to a well-known topic, I don’t think this is a book for me. Thanks for the good review.
NISSE
Currently Reading:

Post by NISSE »

markodim721 wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 11:58 While I appreciate the fresh approach to a well-known topic, I don’t think this is a book for me. Thanks for the good review.
Thanks for the comment and passing by!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

It sounds like there's a lot to keep up with in this book! I think it could be useful to keep my brain churning during a long break from school or something like that, but it might be too much work when I'm just looking for a leisurely read. Thanks for your thorough review!
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

When I get in the mood for something deep, I ll go to this book.
Definitely not a leisurely read.
Thanks for the thorough review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
NISSE
Currently Reading:

Post by NISSE »

Jagiine wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 14:37 It sounds like there's a lot to keep up with in this book! I think it could be useful to keep my brain churning during a long break from school or something like that, but it might be too much work when I'm just looking for a leisurely read. Thanks for your thorough review!
Your observation is absolutely correct.Thank you for passing by.
NISSE
Currently Reading:

Post by NISSE »

zainherb wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 16:39 When I get in the mood for something deep, I ll go to this book.
Definitely not a leisurely read.
Thanks for the thorough review.
Yes, It does take considerble time to fully concentrate on this book.Thank you for the comment.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I was impressed with this book and all the theories the author presents :) Thank you very much for this insightful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”