Review of LOVE, I believe in you!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Review of LOVE, I believe in you!

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "LOVE, I believe in you!" by Olga Sunrise.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

LOVE, I believe in you! by Olga Sunrise is a tale of hope, happiness, and belief in oneself. Love is a six-year-old girl who resides with her family in a house inside a tree. They live in a town called Forest, where every citizen strictly follows the traditions. To stand out and go against the norms would be disrespectful. But Love is not satisfied with this sad, mundane town. One day, Love discovers a place unlike any other. It is a place full of magic, warmth, and joy, things that her hometown does not have. She also meets a mysterious girl with glowing, golden hair. What would Love learn from this journey? Read this book to find out!

I like how the book conveys an important message using a simple premise. The story of Love is finding your path to happiness. It tells you to find something that you love doing and make it your coping mechanism. In life, we also have to do things that we don’t feel happy about, but if we know what we love to do, it will make things a lot bearable.

It also speaks of how infectious happiness can be. When you’re full of warmth and joy, you’re most likely to pass it on to the people around you. In the book, for example, there are flying sparks that feed on the positive energy around them. Laughs and smiles make them glow brighter. There is a lot of symbolism in this book, but this is the most notable one.

What I also like is the writing. It is poetic but not overwhelmingly so. It amazes me when writers write profound expressions using simple terms and syntax. It has a whimsical feel to it, making this book engaging for younger readers. I also appreciate the watercolor illustrations in the book. They were a visual treat, as they emphasized the most important events in the story. Liliya Goncharova and Olga Lee’s artistic brilliance made the whole reading experience extra delightful.

I can’t think of anything to dislike about this book. It was also professionally edited, as I found not a single error. I can’t rate this book any less than 4 out of 4 stars. The author’s writing style was excellent, and the illustrations were a visual delight. Most importantly, the story successfully delivered a wonderful message. I heartily recommend this book to children between the ages of six and twelve. It would also be nice if teachers or parents would pick up this book and read it to their kids.

LOVE, I believe in you!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

I was originally drawn to the cover and I am glad to see that the story looks as beautiful as it looks. Well done on this lovely review. My younger self would have loved this book.
Anil G
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

It appears a book so warm and soothing that while some adults will read they will find their inner child happy. Doing what we love makes them tolerable and joyful. You have done great work with this review!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

What an interesting sounding book! I did not expect the character's name to be Love. I like that! Almost a foreshadowing, if you will. Great review!
Justine Ocsebio
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Katie Blackmore wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 05:53 I was originally drawn to the cover and I am glad to see that the story looks as beautiful as it looks. Well done on this lovely review. My younger self would have loved this book.
Thank you for your feedback!
Justine Ocsebio

Anilllll wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 10:15 It appears a book so warm and soothing that while some adults will read they will find their inner child happy. Doing what we love makes them tolerable and joyful. You have done great work with this review!
Thank you for your comment!
Kim Jek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kim-jek.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kim Jek »

I totally agree, happiness is infectious. Thanks for your beautiful review.
Lauren De Vries
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lauren De Vries »

I was already taken away by the title of the book, It really took me back to that warm childhood memories,this an extrordinary book and I would recommend it to other readers not only is it a good kids story but it is an adult's story too. Well done you have done great.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

I can't stress enough how the lessons in this book may come handy for children now and in the future. I mean, this book tells you to find something that you love doing and make it your coping mechanism, which is terrific advise. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”