Review by Mtibza eM -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Review by Mtibza eM -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Mtibza eM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

On the internet, I once came across this quote: “one healed patient equals one lost customer.” I thought it was exaggerating at first, but the more I looked at it and thought about it, the more it made sense. So when I saw this book titled Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure by Sylvie Beljanski, I got interested because it promised to talk about natural cures of cancer that exist but are blocked by big pharmaceutical companies to protect their interests, not of the people and the patients. Not only is this book shocking, but it is also unbelievably good and educative!

In the introduction of the book, the author gives us the statistics of cancer. She shows how a lot of people are diagnosed with cancer, and she also reflects on how these numbers are predicted to rise soon. She also shows how the US government has responded by investing billions of dollars in fighting this scourge. But what the author is really saying is that cancer has turned to be a billion-dollar industry. Medication and treatments for cancer have continued to skyrocket in the few recent years. Pharmaceutical companies, who have their hands in the jar, are prepared to monopolise by fighting off the natural cures as they can’t be patented, meaning they can’t be controlled, resulting in them not being able to profit off of them.

In the first chapter titled, “Finding My Voice,” Sylvie shares how, as a child, both her parents didn’t give her the attention she yearned for. She shares how they were always caught up in their work and how she suffered silently alone. She also narrates that the French President, François Mitterrand, was diagnosed with cancer and was expected to die in two years. But because he was determined to finish his term, he was recommended to Mirko Beljanski, PhD., the author’s father. Mitterrand took the prescribed medication, and he went on to live more than two years, enabling him to finish his term, surprising everyone. In chapter two, titled “Destruction,” the author narrates how her father’s laboratory was ransacked by the police to sabotage his research.

The rest of the book tells of the work of Mirko Beljanski, PhD. His work threatened the greedy, big pharmaceutical companies. Sylvie decided to carry on with his father’s vision after he passed on by starting The Beljanski Foundation to educate people more about the natural cures of cancer and advocating for cancer patients' rights.

This book lived up to its promise. I was shocked by the greediness of these big pharmaceutical companies that they can do anything just to secure their own financial gains. Through this book, one can say that the author was not only raising awareness, she was also advocating for cancer patients' rights, fighting for her father’s legacy by protecting it, and, at the same time, snapping people out of their ignorance. All the things she talked about made sense. Big pharmaceutical companies make money through the synthetic drugs that they produce and distribute. So natural drugs can’t be patented, meaning they can’t be owned. What I liked is that the author wasn’t entirely discrediting the synthetic drugs. She was just pleading for the integration of both synthetic and natural drugs. What I loved again is that the author’s theories and products have been backed by scientific research and signed by relevant experts in the field.

This book was well written. The author is indeed brave. She travelled to Brazil and walked on roads she had never thought she would ever walk in her life. Again, for her to put her career as a lawyer on hold like that so she can focus on the foundation she co-founded was just something else.

This book was okay. I enjoyed it but not that much. The author tended to slip and use big medical terminologies that I couldn’t understand. I also didn’t like the fact that it was short. I felt like she could have talked more as this topic is broader than what ten chapters could cover.

I liked the fact that this book was very organised. I loved how the author integrated different writing methods. In some parts, it read like a novel. I got to journey with the author as she was doing things she never thought she would ever do.

Taking everything into consideration, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I came across few errors, which didn’t affect the quality of the book. I recommend it to everyone interested in learning more about cancer and these alternative natural cures discovered by the late Mirko Beljanski.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Greediness is what drives big pharmas. We blindly trust them because we believe them. That statement that a patient cured is a customer lost- that is so sad. I think the books purpose to aware about the facts about Cancer and its treatment and alternatives is brilliant. Thank you for a great review!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

OMG her father's lab was ransacked. He just saved a famous person! This book sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for the review!
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

I just reviewed this book too and loved reading your perspective on this book. Quite refreshing.

It is quite a shame what greed causes, isn't it?
Great review.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

it seems like a real truth-revealing book that deals with a sector hiding lots of secrets. Thanks for a great insight!
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I'm currently reading a short book about cancer, and I want to know more about it.
This book provides the aspects that I was looking for.
Thank you for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

Sounds like a tough but important read. I love your review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I would not be at all surprised if in 20-30 years it was revealed that Mirko Beljanski, a French-Serbian scientist, was right all the time. Thanks for the reading recommendation.
Kulzum
Currently Reading: Still I rise
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kulzum.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Kulzum »

Wow, I thought natural cure for cancer was a myth. I would love to read this book. A productive review. Thank you.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Mtibza eM »

Kulzum wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 05:42 Wow, I thought natural cure for cancer was a myth. I would love to read this book. A productive review. Thank you.
You would absolutely enjoy this book. Go grab it!
markodim721 wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 01:18 I would not be at all surprised if in 20-30 years it was revealed that Mirko Beljanski, a French-Serbian scientist, was right all the time. Thanks for the reading recommendation.
I also wouldn't. Thank you for reading and leaving a comment. Appreciate it.
TheMazeRunner wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 08:42 Sounds like a tough but important read. I love your review!
Thank you very much.
Dzejn_Crvena wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 07:09 I'm currently reading a short book about cancer, and I want to know more about it.
This book provides the aspects that I was looking for.
Thank you for your review.
You will find this book very insightful.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Mtibza eM »

Dimi1 wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 03:45 it seems like a real truth-revealing book that deals with a sector hiding lots of secrets. Thanks for a great insight!
It really is. Thank you very much.
zainherb wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 01:41 I just reviewed this book too and loved reading your perspective on this book. Quite refreshing.

It is quite a shame what greed causes, isn't it?
Great review.
Eish! Thank you very much for stopping by.
PeterRabitt20 wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 20:13 OMG her father's lab was ransacked. He just saved a famous person! This book sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for the review!
Yes, it was. I appreciate it.
Kavita Shah wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 10:25 Greediness is what drives big pharmas. We blindly trust them because we believe them. That statement that a patient cured is a customer lost- that is so sad. I think the books purpose to aware about the facts about Cancer and its treatment and alternatives is brilliant. Thank you for a great review!
Thank you very much for your kind words.
Anik Mahmud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Anik Mahmud »

Im reading in this book 3 times.. This book has many information about cancer.i know many things about cancer...Really its so informative books
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

So many people recommend this book! I wish I had an interest in it, but it isn't something I would enjoy. Thank you for the review :)
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This is something I want to know more about, and this book contains useful information. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

That opening quote was heartbreaking but also real. Quite an interesting book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”