Review by Laila_Hashem -- 80Bites The Dancers Diet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laila Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Review by Laila_Hashem -- 80Bites The Dancers Diet

Post by Laila Hashem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "80Bites The Dancers Diet" by PhysicalMind Institute.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

80Bites The Dancers Diet by PhysicalMind Institute begins by describing the history of the ‘80Bites diet,’ how it came to be known, and the founding of the PhysicalMind Institute. Then, it explains how the diet is different from previous ones that were tried and failed, emphasizing the dangers of unbalanced diets and that eating an excess of healthy food has negative consequences. The ‘80Bites diet’ is a more natural regime that focuses on the quantity of food rather than its caloric value. The book, then, explains the basis on which the diet was created and the 12 steps it entails, presenting videos and testimonials to back up the diet’s effectiveness.

There are many things that I liked about this book, the first of which is the cover, which is very attention-grabbing, not too simple, but also not too complex. I also appreciate the explanation of the role of hormones in diets and fat production, something, I believe, not many people know about. The FAQ section is very informative and easier to follow than the usual paragraph-long descriptions of why certain regimes work or don’t. Including links to videos that explain certain concepts caters to visual and auditory learners and helps them grasp the scientific basis behind the diet.

One of the things I loved most was that the book gives the reader a clear, in-depth description of every stage of the diet plan, including methods to deal with every problem that may arise, something that’s rarely given in other books about regimes. Lastly, I like that the bios of the writers were included at the end of the book so that there are no misunderstandings about their experience, degrees, and expertise. The only thing I disliked about 80Bites The Dancers Diet is that its ‘Forward’ section had an inconsistent number of spaces between words.

The images, timeline, and tables within the book are colorful, entertaining, and creative, simplifying the steps of the diet and helping readers begin their own regime in an organized manner. Although I was skeptical at first, after I utilized some of the tips given, I found that the diet was easier and more effective than it initially seemed. Overall, the book is very informative, effective at dismantling myths about weight loss, and doesn’t have any unnecessary content, making it a fun, quick and easy read.

Other than the added spaces in the ‘Forward’ section and one missing space towards the end, there were no spelling or grammatical errors in the book, implying that it was professionally edited. As a result of all the aforementioned positive aspects, I give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This book is perfect for any person who has attempted a diet but wasn’t successful at it and wants to follow an easier type of lifestyle regime that is backed by science.

80Bites The Dancers Diet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”