Official Review: Perfect by Judi Miller

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Official Review: Perfect by Judi Miller

Post by Prisallen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Perfect" by Judi Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Judi Miller grew up being afraid. As a small child, she could see spirits around her but was able to suppress that part of herself as she got older. However, she felt like she was different from everyone else. For some unknown reason, Mrs. Miller was scared of the dark and terrified of being raped. She also had difficulty talking and expressing her thoughts.

Upon discovering she needed a hysterectomy, she became petrified of the surgery, believing she would no longer feel whole. To overcome her fear, the author decided to go to a healer named Diana (not her real name). At the time, she didn’t know how much seeing Diana would alter her life. Her book, Perfect: A Path to Love, Forgiveness and Transformation, was written to share her journey with readers and pass on what she had learned to help others transform their lives for the better.

I enjoyed reading Mrs. Miller’s book. Her writing was interesting and easy to understand; I had to keep reminding myself that this was an autobiography and not a fictional story. She reminds us that there are many wonders in our world that most of us do not see or comprehend. Some people are capable of appreciating these marvels as children but lose the ability while growing up.

Most readers will probably identify with some of the personal problems that the author dealt with, like feeling different from others or experiencing fear of something for an unknown reason. Therefore, it is easy to empathize with her as she bravely exposes her life for all to see, including her weaknesses as well as her strengths.

The author included specific exercises and suggestions that she used on her journey to wellness; this is to aid the readers in overcoming their problems. I really appreciated these suggestions. For example, she mentions that the way we stand and whether we smile or frown can make a difference in our mental status. This may seem unimportant, but it can cause a change in our attitude and, consequently, our well-being.

Quite a bit of the book deals with reincarnation, angels, and spirits in our world. If the reader does not believe in these things and possesses no interest in learning about them, they probably should skip the book. However, for people willing to hear more, it is a fascinating subject. I’m unsure if the book itself will convince anyone, but it might open their eyes to the possibility of those things. Who knows? It might even be life changing.

Because I enjoyed this intriguing book and discovered nothing to dislike, Perfect: A Path to Love, Forgiveness and Transformation achieves a rating of four out of four stars. I enthusiastically recommend it to anyone searching for spiritual growth if they are open to learning more about reincarnation and the supernatural world around us. Highly skeptical readers who can not accept these things are possible and people who don’t want to entertain the possibility of anything other than their current religious beliefs might not appreciate the book. Much of the story centers around a rape; although explicit details are not provided, sensitive readers who may be triggered by it are urged to look elsewhere.

Perfect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I’m glad the author wrote the story so well and you were able to empathize with the things she experienced. Thanks for the insightful review!
Scarbaby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scarbaby.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Scarbaby »

The author included specific exercises and suggestions that she used on her journey to wellness; this is to aid the readers in overcoming their problems.
I’m very interested in reading this autobiography and definitely appreciate the act of vulnerability and the author’s mission to help others dealing with similar obstacles. Thank you for a great review!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Booklover Becca wrote: 06 May 2021, 11:52 I’m glad the author wrote the story so well and you were able to empathize with the things she experienced. Thanks for the insightful review!
It was a fascinating book. I hope you get a chance to read it!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Scarbaby wrote: 06 May 2021, 13:10
The author included specific exercises and suggestions that she used on her journey to wellness; this is to aid the readers in overcoming their problems.
I’m very interested in reading this autobiography and definitely appreciate the act of vulnerability and the author’s mission to help others dealing with similar obstacles. Thank you for a great review!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Thanks for stopping by!
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Congrats on your fabulous review... you have piqued my interest. Thahanks for the addition to my bookshelf
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

The premise of this book sounds fascinating. I’m interested to see how these different themes fit together in the author’s life and her take on spirituality. I’ll have to check this book out! Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 11 May 2021, 21:43 Congrats on your fabulous review... you have piqued my interest. Thahanks for the addition to my bookshelf
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did. Thanks for reading my review and commenting!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

maggi3 wrote: 11 May 2021, 22:01 The premise of this book sounds fascinating. I’m interested to see how these different themes fit together in the author’s life and her take on spirituality. I’ll have to check this book out! Thanks for the review!
The author has experienced things that I never have, which made it all the more intriguing for me. I think it is a book you will enjoy. Good reading!
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I had to keep reminding myself that this was an autobiography and not a fictional story.
I felt this! It sounds life a fictional story. Incredible review, really.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. Judi's story sounds like she was suffering from a past trauma, which she unconsciously tried to forget. I'm looking forward to seeing how she overcome her fears.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 12 May 2021, 16:28
I had to keep reminding myself that this was an autobiography and not a fictional story.
I felt this! It sounds life a fictional story. Incredible review, really.
Thanks for taking the time to read my review and comment. I appreciate it!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

Sou Hi wrote: 13 May 2021, 01:57 Thanks for your informative review. Judi's story sounds like she was suffering from a past trauma, which she unconsciously tried to forget. I'm looking forward to seeing how she overcome her fears.
That's what one would think, but there is more to it than that. I hope you get a chance to read it to find out what happened. Thanks for your comments!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It takes a lot of courage to write a book like this. Congratulations to Judi Miller and thanks for the great review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Prisallen »

markodim721 wrote: 13 May 2021, 12:57 It takes a lot of courage to write a book like this. Congratulations to Judi Miller and thanks for the great review.
It does. She is trying to share her experiences, so it will hopefully help others. Thanks for the comments!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”