Review by KanaSmriti -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanasmriti.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Review by KanaSmriti -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by KanaSmriti »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How should we live our lives? I think the time we spend with our families stays closer to our hearts. We can realize it well in this time of the pandemic. Love, Grandma by Ann Morris says about this kind of family bonding.

Payton and Haley are the most valuable parts of Grandma's life. Grandma plays, giggles, bakes, and tells stories to them. Grandma lived her life once again when she saw them growing up. Morris made those moments live, which are the most beautiful moments of a child's life with her grandparents. In this material generation, this book is a very positive way to attach kids to gadgets. So, these kinds of moments need to be highlighted.

I mostly liked the way the author expressed family and love. The author illustrated the value of love on every page which is very important for today's generation. Kids are suffering from trauma, tension, and loneliness, which proves that a positive atmosphere is essential. Kids are getting affected by addictions, so the love of the family is crucial.

Pictures play an important role in children's books which are used beautifully in this book. They reminded me of my childhood.

The author used happy sounds instead of laughter which was my second favorite thing. The book was written from grandma's perspective. Those moments are precious for a grandparent, and it was clearly shown in this book.

The only thing that could have been improved was the rhyme in the last section of the book. Otherwise, the book was impressive.

I give this book a 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a 4 because I missed the rhythm in some lines of the poem. I didn't give it a 2 because I loved how the author expressed the importance of love. It was professionally edited because I didn't find any typos. I recommend this book to kids within 5 to 10, but anyone can read it.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

A well-written review!
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Hunter Tester
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Silent Patient
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hunter-tester.html
Latest Review: Whale of Wonder by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Hunter Tester »

It sounds like a book I would like. Growing up, I was blessed with loving grandparents. My sister and I would spend almost every weekend with them. I’m very thankful for that part of my life. Thank you for your review and the time you put into it.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

As a grandma, I am interested in reading this book. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 508
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I am blessed to still have both of my grandmas today. There is nothing that can compare to a grandmother's love. Excellent review! :tiphat:
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach
Bookshelf Size: 2396
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I reviewed this book too. As you mention, highlighting the importance of family values is crucial, especially in this day and age. However, I found that this book is too focused on girly activities (for obvious reasons) and that narrows down the audience a lot. What do you think?
It was great to read your perspective. Thanks!
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:

Post by KanaSmriti »

Lunastella wrote: 04 May 2021, 19:43 I reviewed this book too. As you mention, highlighting the importance of family values is crucial, especially in this day and age. However, I found that this book is too focused on girly activities (for obvious reasons) and that narrows down the audience a lot. What do you think?
It was great to read your perspective. Thanks!
You are right about that and I absolutely agree with you.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:

Post by KanaSmriti »

Katie Canedy wrote: 04 May 2021, 18:53 I am blessed to still have both of my grandmas today. There is nothing that can compare to a grandmother's love. Excellent review! :tiphat:
You are right, the love of grandparents is priceless.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:

Post by KanaSmriti »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 04 May 2021, 10:01 As a grandma, I am interested in reading this book. Thank you for your review.
Waiting for your review.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:

Post by KanaSmriti »

Hunter_T wrote: 04 May 2021, 09:21 It sounds like a book I would like. Growing up, I was blessed with loving grandparents. My sister and I would spend almost every weekend with them. I’m very thankful for that part of my life. Thank you for your review and the time you put into it.
You're welcome and thank you.
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

Isn't family one of the strongest weapons on Earth? I guess most grandparents have this gift of spoiling their nieces/nephews not only with sweets but also with a unique love and affection. This book seems to highlight their excellence. Wonderful review! Thank you!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:

Post by KanaSmriti »

InStoree wrote: 05 May 2021, 04:28 Isn't family one of the strongest weapons on Earth? I guess most grandparents have this gift of spoiling their nieces/nephews not only with sweets but also with a unique love and affection. This book seems to highlight their excellence. Wonderful review! Thank you!
Yes, they gain this talent the moment they become grandparents. Thank you.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”