Official Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Official Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Awakening" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Gallorians are a fearsome, powerful, and strong tribe. King Axor saw them as a threat to his kingdom and proposed servitude or annihilation. This glorious tribe would not be subdued; however, their leaders would gradually fall, and the rest would be placed on a ship and sailed off to desert lands. But there was a prophecy that would turn the tides.

We met Amara; though her people were gifted with magical powers, her gift seemed to be a curse. After she experienced betrayal, she almost lost her sanity, but she would seek vengeance. These experiences would unleash chaos and distrust.

Awakening: Rise of the Gallorians was written by Tayma Tameen. This is the second installment of the Awakening Series. In my opinion, this is one of the most intense books I have come across. It was filled with battles, not just battles of spears and swords but battles of the mind too. Katja’s determination to push through Cortel’s barriers had me biting my fingers.

What I liked most about the book was the author’s vivid description of the mental war, which each of the characters embarked on. I am very particular about the personalities I meet in books. Honestly, I was particularly biased while reading this book because of the character of Amara. Due to that, I commend the author for developing such an exciting personality. I loved that her character taught me the power of choice.

Furthermore, this book was highly intellectual. The author maintained an exceptional and unique writing style. Certain occurrences in the book were dished out with precision. Readers would have to read the book gradually to enjoy its content entirely. This was a positive aspect of the book.

The only thing I found disturbing about this book was the degree of violence involved. In other words, the gory scenes might bother some readers who are not familiar with such themes. For example, the explicit descriptions of Korrav’s killings were quite disturbing. But this aspect of the book did not hinder my enjoyment of this book.

I enjoyed following the story from the first chapter to the very last chapter. There was nothing I considered negative about the book. The themes of betrayal, fate, loyalty, and love were well depicted. It appeared to be professionally edited. Hence, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to those who enjoy science-fiction novels. Also, it will suit those who enjoy stories on magic and war.

Awakening
View: on Bookshelves
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

First the cover had me interested in the book. It's a betrayal and revenge story. Unique writing style makes it more pleasant. Thank you for the great review!
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Abisolalawal »

Betrayal, revenge, love and loyalty is an interesting combination in one story. Thanks for the review, I will definitely look it up
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

This must be a very great book, its a must read for me. thanks for sharing
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
R_Ose
Favorite Book: Good Gigs Bad Gigs
Currently Reading: Sentience Physics
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by R_Ose »

The cover caught my eye and so is the review. Thanks for sharing would like to give it a try
memphis_14
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by memphis_14 »

Betrayal and revenge goes hand in hand it's something that someone will always want to know the end of the story because revenge is sweet especially when it's someone you trusted so t he story caught my attention at once
Last edited by memphis_14 on 05 May 2021, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a terrific fantasy novel well developed under every point of view. I've been reading enthusiastic reviews for Tayma Tameem's novels. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the multi-layeredness in this book. Thanks for the good review.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

I read the first book in the series and I loved it. I’m sure this second book too won’t disappoint. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”