Official Review: Twilight of Innocence by I R Craig

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Official Review: Twilight of Innocence by I R Craig

Post by Rayah Raouf »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Twilight of Innocence" by I R Craig.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twilight of Innocence by I.R. Craig is an action-packed book that focuses on multiple characters. A nine-year-old girl, Anna Kühn, has been kidnapped and finds herself in a place full of children who are abused, raped, and killed. She doesn’t entirely understand what is happening; however, she is smart and knows she has to find a way to protect herself. She knows she needs to escape before she becomes the next victim. Andreas Schneider, Anna’s grandfather, is doing whatever he can to find Anna, and he will do whatever it takes to get her back. He is closely following a thin thread that may or may not lead to her.

Rebecca Flint is an investigative journalist and wants to investigate the Wiltons and their castle. People tell her to stay away, but Rebecca is stubborn and wants to do things her way. She meets Jon Balfour who leaves quite an impression on her. He also warns Rebecca not to go to the island. She ignores everybody and finds herself being invited to the castle. She doesn’t know how evil and corrupted the people who own the island are. However, she is going to find out one way or another.

In general, it is a fast-paced book and reminded me of the movie Taken. I like how I.R. Craig went out and beyond with the antagonists. He makes you really dislike them. The protagonists were also quite interesting. I especially liked Andreas and Jon. Their attitude and precision were fantastic. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Rebecca, but I suppose that was the author's intent. She was quite annoying in the beginning and acted like a spoilt brat. Other than the characters, I like how much research went into this book. My favourite thing about the book is how the characters do not waste time. They understand that people’s lives are on the line. This point in particular left me very happy.

Unfortunately, when I first started the book, I was confused. Everything happened fast, and I am not used to that. I was also not used to the author's style of writing. Many sentences were quite long, and I had to re-read them a few times. I did get used to it eventually, but it frustrated me in the beginning. Sometimes, old-fashion phrases and words were used; however, you also get used to it. Also, I believe this book needs another round of editing. I found quite a few errors throughout the book. Therefore, I don’t believe it has been professionally edited.

Twilight of Innocence was quite an enjoyable read. I decided to only remove one star for the errors found in the book. I don’t believe a star should be deducted for the authors writing style. Therefore, I decided to give the book 3 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to people interested in a fast-paced thriller. Due to profanity and implied sexual references, I recommend Twilight of Innocence to mature readers. It is important to note that the topic of sex trafficking, paedophilia, torture, and rape are mentioned multiple times. However, the topics are not explicitly discussed.

Twilight of Innocence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intense thriller about a sensitive subject that keeps the readers' attention until the end to see what happened to poor Anna and the other children. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I enjoy fast-paced action in books, and I'm glad that the protagonists seem to realize that there is not much time to waste. I get really frustrated when someone's life is on the line, and we have a long soliloquy, or people are just standing around in conversation as if there is no rush. Great review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I love fast-paced thrillers, so this one seems like an interesting read. Thank you for your recommendation!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Anna is a really smart girl for a nine year old. Rebecca is persistent and stubborn, don't know what to say. And as it's a fast paced thriller, I will add it to my want to read shelf. Thank you for review!
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

Sounds like an exciting and dramatic crime thriller! Hopefully, the author will take your feedback of errors into consideration to make it a better read. Thanks for an engaging and detailed review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

The fact that you didn’t like some of the characters makes it feel like they’re very well-written and well-rounded. This sounds like an incredible interesting plot
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 May 2021, 07:52 This seems like an intense thriller about a sensitive subject that keeps the readers' attention until the end to see what happened to poor Anna and the other children. Thank you for your great review!
I was pleasantly surprised to see where the book was going. Thank you :)
Prisallen wrote: 01 May 2021, 08:21 I enjoy fast-paced action in books, and I'm glad that the protagonists seem to realize that there is not much time to waste. I get really frustrated when someone's life is on the line, and we have a long soliloquy, or people are just standing around in conversation as if there is no rush. Great review!
Thank you! and oh my god, tell me about it! It frustrates me when time becomes so important, yet it's wasted! I was incredibly happy to read that the characters sprung straight into the action when needed!
raluca_mihaila wrote: 01 May 2021, 08:44 I love fast-paced thrillers, so this one seems like an interesting read. Thank you for your recommendation!
It's really nice for a change. Thank you :)
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Kavita Shah wrote: 01 May 2021, 10:39 Anna is a really smart girl for a nine year old. Rebecca is persistent and stubborn, don't know what to say. And as it's a fast paced thriller, I will add it to my want to read shelf. Thank you for review!
I really liked Anna! She took me by surprise. Thank you!
SamaylaM wrote: 01 May 2021, 11:23 Sounds like an exciting and dramatic crime thriller! Hopefully, the author will take your feedback of errors into consideration to make it a better read. Thanks for an engaging and detailed review!
Thank you, and hopefully. Yea just a bit of tweaking and it should be good to go :)
Booklover Becca wrote: 01 May 2021, 14:16 The fact that you didn’t like some of the characters makes it feel like they’re very well-written and well-rounded. This sounds like an incredible interesting plot
Yes, thank you! It shows the diversity of characters as well.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This sounds like quite the fast-paced thriller! I hope Andreas finds Anna while she still has some innocence left. Thank you for a great review.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

I think this is my kind of book. I love fast paced stories. Thanks for a detailed review.
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

I'm a big fan of thrillers and your review has made me want to read this one. Thanks for a convincing review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

MsH2k wrote: 02 May 2021, 00:16 This sounds like quite the fast-paced thriller! I hope Andreas finds Anna while she still has some innocence left. Thank you for a great review.
Thank you!
Kike17 wrote: 02 May 2021, 10:12 I think this is my kind of book. I love fast paced stories. Thanks for a detailed review.
You should totally check out the sample available on Amazon! Check if its your vibe or not. Thank you.
WADonnelly wrote: 02 May 2021, 13:03 I'm a big fan of thrillers and your review has made me want to read this one. Thanks for a convincing review!
Thank you! Check out the sample :D If you like it, the book is available on KU too!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Sometimes being stubborn help, other times it leads your right into trouble. I hope Rebecca managed to uncover some of the corruption in the island. Terrific review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Kids being raped, tortured and killed is not exactly a topic I would enjoy reading about. However, your review was very detailed and insightful, thanks.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”