Official Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: The Inner CEO by Jeremy Blain

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Inner CEO" by Jeremy Blain.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In today's world, businesses must evolve or face the consequences. We are in a digital era, so companies with foresight are beginning to align, adjust, and seek new ways to do business. In The Inner CEO, the author, Jeremy Blain, presents the vision and tools that organizations can use to empower their employees and unleash their leadership qualities (inner CEOs) at all levels within the organization. Through the author's experience and those of the experts featured in this book, readers will see that this approach is necessary for organizations to thrive and remain relevant in business.

While we are used to the traditional, vertical hierarchy in organizations, this author proposes a more horizontal approach where an employee becomes an in-role CEO. As a result, the employee can contribute, beyond his or her job role, to the organization's strategy and success. In this book, the author presents a guide for organizations to choose employees who are eager to unleash their inner CEOs, an assessment tool for in-role CEOs, a 90-day road map for action, and a guide to measure the progress of the new business approach.

Firstly, I must commend this author for sharing his ideas with us through this book. Many big organizations are no longer in business today because they failed to accept new approaches to business. And it is not every day that one comes across an innovative business concept and framework to follow. So this book is a gem for business owners, executives, and ambitious employees. I like how the book follows a step-by-step approach to help readers understand the concepts therein. Readers will appreciate how the author breaks each topic down into bits and even provides an assessment tool to monitor and evaluate their progress. Additionally, organizations can also contact the author for mentorship through the links provided in the book.

What I like most about this book is that it features the insights and experiences of experts. Through the author's interviews with the experts, I clearly understood the author's points about unleashing CEOs at all levels within an organization and the need to get it right at the executive level. More so, the answers provided by the interviewees helped me identify the common mindset that organizations must embrace to flourish in today's world.

Furthermore, I like how the book covers the aspects of the employees and how they can be in tune with the process. There's a tool for employees to measure how successful their inner CEOs are beginning to manifest. Hence, readers from all walks of life can still benefit from the book's insights into becoming the best versions of themselves. And even before companies agree to adopt the business concepts put forward in this book, there's a lot they can learn from the experts interviewed and the author's lessons about the need for them to take care of their employees.

Honestly, I didn't dislike anything about this book. The author's language is clear, and he uses charts and simple tables to make his points easy to understand. I didn't find a single error throughout the book, as it was exceptionally edited. Therefore, I am happy to award The Inner CEO a well-deserved four out of four stars. I highly recommend it to leaders at the executive levels of organizations and their employees. I believe that individuals interested in new approaches and innovative hierarchical structures in companies would also find this book very beneficial.

The Inner CEO
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

I love to read books focused on growing the business environment in general; from the business itself, to the employer, to the employee. It makes for massive financial growth.

Great review.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I love that it focuses on all levels. People should feel empowered in their jobs no matter if they’re the boss or entry level. Thanks for the great review!
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Changing times need changing methods. It will make a good book for new companies. Thank you for the review.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

This sounds like an all-around tool for anyone in the business environment. I liked reading that the concepts are reinforced through the 90-day road map and illustrations. Thank you for this review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a very useful and enlightening read for all business oriented people :) I loved the innovative approach the author suggests. Thanks for a great review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

The vertical hierarchy is a very bold approach. I agree with the author, the CEOs need to reconsider their role in the organisation. Great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a really useful book for anyone involved with decisions within a company to seek new ways to do business and keep up to date in a world that's changing fast. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. It looks like this book will be a useful guide for modern enterprises to adjust and adapt to the current flow. The era changes constantly, so the leaders will need to ready for the new business approaches.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

This book seems quite informative. Inculcating leadership qualities is important especially, in today’s world. I surely want to read this book someday. Thanks for your brilliant review!
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

The book seems very informative. Thanks for the detailed review.
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

Am particularly impressed by the vertical hierachy since it allows all employees contribute to the organization's success.The title itself is captivating.Thanks for a good review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I’m not sure if the same business solutions could be applied outside of the American-British business culture and environment. Thanks for the great review.
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

i like the fact that he focus on people at every level. This makes it easy for all to find there place and be empowered. Thanks for the review.
kingduogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingduogo.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by kingduogo »

Good review, I like the information thought by the book, it's so informative.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”