Official Review: Think Big Scale Fast by Jolien Demeyer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Official Review: Think Big Scale Fast by Jolien Demeyer

Post by TheMazeRunner »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Think Big Scale Fast" by Jolien Demeyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

You have started a business and need to scale it. How to scale your business while having a family? How to grow a business while having a small income? If something happens to you, is your business going to survive without you? Are you growing yourself, or is your business growing you? How to scale your business successfully is the most significant question. Think Big Scale Fast by Jolien Demeyer will answer all your questions and help you build your business the right way.

As a person who doesn't know much about business and everything that comes with it, this book helped me learn new stuff. I have learned many helpful terms and managed to help my friends with their jobs and businesses. This book does not contain simple solutions to existing problems but provides the exact paths that a person must follow to build a successful business, and that is why I like Think Big Scale Fast.

The author provides questionnaires at the end of every chapter. Those questionnaires allow the reader to answer the questions asked, thus directing their thinking and the path towards improving their business. I was impressed by that because I got confused with some chapters, but those questionnaires helped me understand some things better. The book also contains cute, simple, and helpful sketches that explain a few statements in the text.

I like that the author is strict about the actions needed to make a business scale. One of them is that the business needs to go back, correct all the mistakes, and only then invest in the scaling because, without this path, all the bad things that have hampered the business from the beginning will only magnify in the end. I have never thought of that, and I remember pausing and thinking about that chapter and the statement. This book covers all the things we never think about, and that is why I would recommend it to everyone.

I came across a small number of errors. Those errors were not too big, and they did not affect my reading experience. There are no profane words or graphic scenes present in the book, and it is edited professionally. There are no page numbers in the book, and I think adding numbers to it would be a smart move.

Think Big Scale Fast is a helpful and compact book, and I enjoyed reading it. I am giving it 4 out of 4 stars because it is fantastic, and there is nothing I dislike about it. This book is perfect for everyone, especially business starters and those who already own a business. I think the book is not suitable for the younger population since it talks about the complex theme of business scaling.

Think Big Scale Fast
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Sounds like a must-read for anyone working on their businesses. I like that it’s geared towards everyone, even if your business is small. Thanks for the great review!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I would like to read this book to get myself acquainted with the topic of Business and how to upscale it. Thank you for the review!
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

This book seems like a very invaluable tool for budding business owners. Would definitely like to glean the insights contained therein. Great review.
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

I'm naturally not business inclined, but so much wealth seem to reside in the field and I will find a book that exposes me to techniques on how to succeed in it really helpful.

Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a very useful book for anyone developing a business, as it offers practical advice for a number of possible events. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. Think Big Scale Fast seems to be a meaningful message that the author tries to deliver to us. I think those who are interested in starting a business or want to improve their existing firms.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This book sounds like one that business owners, especially those trying to grow their business, need to read. However, that isn't me. Thanks for an interesting and informative review!
AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Learning about business growth through helpful sketches and handy questionnaires would definitely be an effective strategy! Thank you for your insightful analysis.
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

This sounds like a useful book for startups, will check it out. Thank you for this review!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

This seems like a useful resource. Thank you for your honest and well-written review! Great work!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the fact that, in my opinion, the author has paid attention to everyday business challenges.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I love when books come with practical exercises, this one sounds really useful for business owners. Thanks for your detailed and wonderful review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

These books are a bit tricky since I happen to view a lot of clichés and unrealistic advice. This seems to overpass this obstacle. Thanks for an honest review!
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by John Owen »

The rhetorical questions in your summary makes this book a must read. Thanks for your informative review.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”