Review by RayRuff -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Review by RayRuff -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rayah Raouf »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma by Ann Morris is a book about the author's experiences with her grandchildren. The illustrations in the book are done by David Gnass and are beautiful. It illustrates the story in a lovely manner. The book focuses on the grandmother and her two grandchildren. It is quite a short book but includes many precious memories.

The book goes through exciting memories the grandmother has had with her grandchildren, Payton and Haley. They have done so many activities together such as baking, reading, playing, and singing. They even had sleepovers!

The title of the book is what drew me in. The title, Love, Grandma, reminded me of how a person signs off at the end of a letter. Therefore, I knew she wanted to remind her grandchildren of the good times they had together. I like how the author used her own experiences to write this book. It made it feel quite personal. I found myself looking back on my memories with my grandmother while reading this book. I also like the illustrations. They are colourful and fun to look at. I am sure children would love looking through the pictures as well.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. There were times I found the rhyming to be a bit unnatural; however, it did not affect my enjoyment of the book.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a fun book to read, especially out loud. I decided to give it a full rating because it’s an entertaining read, and I found no errors in it. Therefore, it is exceptionally edited.

I recommend this book to parents, babysitters, teachers, and those who plan to read it to younger children. Although it is a children’s book, an adult should read it to children. This is so the children can enjoy the rhythmic effect. Therefore, this book is most likely suited towards young children.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

A delightful book that teaches the children about love and reminds the adults of being kind. Lovely review!
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

Thank you for a great review. I also found the book enjoyable but expected some more, to be honest. The rhyming, also, seems a bit forced at some spots. Anyway, your arguments are very clear and your review seems well-organized!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a lovely book for children to have fun and to appreciate their bond with their loved ones. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

raluca_mihaila wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 05:54 A delightful book that teaches the children about love and reminds the adults of being kind. Lovely review!
It is super-duper cute xD Thank you.
Dimi1 wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 14:42 Thank you for a great review. I also found the book enjoyable but expected some more, to be honest. The rhyming, also, seems a bit forced at some spots. Anyway, your arguments are very clear and your review seems well-organized!
I know what you mean. Especially about the forced rhyming, but it was okay. Thank you!
NetMassimo wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 16:01 This seems like a lovely book for children to have fun and to appreciate their bond with their loved ones. Thank you for your great review!
Absolutely! Thank you :D
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I love this! It seems like a beautiful book for children. Great review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a very sweet book for children. I can see grandmothers, especially, wanting to read it to their grandchildren. Thanks for a great review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 07:53 I love this! It seems like a beautiful book for children. Great review!
Thank you, it's an adorable read!
Prisallen wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 08:36 This sounds like a very sweet book for children. I can see grandmothers, especially, wanting to read it to their grandchildren. Thanks for a great review!
I agree. Thank you, I think it's important for grandchildren to have a good relationship with their grandparents. So this is perfect!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

This is indeed a very personal book. It must be so nice to have a grandmother who writes a book for her own grandchildren.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Yvonne Monique wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 15:48 This is indeed a very personal book. It must be so nice to have a grandmother who writes a book for her own grandchildren.
Yes, I suppose it could be considered quite personal. It sure must be nice!
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Love and kindness are golden. So I love that this book promoter them. Thanks a lot for the insightful review and recommendation.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Saint Bruno wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 03:24 Love and kindness are golden. So I love that this book promoter them. Thanks a lot for the insightful review and recommendation.
What a lovely comment! I agree with you absolutely. Thank you. :)
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

Seems like a beautiful piece for children. The title also captured my attention...thanks for a nice review
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:

Post by Rayah Raouf »

MayorE wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 12:39 Seems like a beautiful piece for children. The title also captured my attention...thanks for a nice review
Absolutely. Thank you. The title is what caught my attention as well.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

It seems like a lovely book that a family can bond over reading. I can imagine a lot of people recalling their own memories with their grandmother while reading this book. As always, thank you for the lovely review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”