Review by Lyne Jenah -- Rulers of the Galaxy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lyne Jenah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lyne-jenah.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Review by Lyne Jenah -- Rulers of the Galaxy

Post by Lyne Jenah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rulers of the Galaxy" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For twenty thousand years, the Elementals have controlled the galaxy spreading their 'peace' and 'prosperity' all through the worlds they conquered. This rule has been passed down from generation to generation of the Elemental royal bloodline until now.

With blood on her head and a huge sword on her hand, Salarin is shocked when she wakes up in the middle of a battlefield with absolutely no idea of how or why she's there, her amnesia is not helping to better the situation. But what is this she's seeing in the background? A baby in the midst of all this death and destruction?. As Salarin tries to solve this mystery, she soon finds herself in a fight or flight situation when four Imperials threaten to take her life and the baby she's holding. Left with no choice, she is forced to escape to the land of Elventar in the hope of finding the baby's parents and figuring out who she is.

With the help of her new found friend Bosco( a raider) Salarin sets out to pick up the missing pieces and solve this mystery. But war becomes their new reality as they find themselves being hunted by the Imperial army. As the story unfolds it is evident that there's more than what meets the eye, why is Salarin and the baby so important to the Imperial army? So many questions, so many mysteries, will she figure out who she really is? Only time will tell.

Rulers of the galaxy by Tayma Tameem is a fantasy, sci-fi novel based on two kingdoms; Imperials and Elementals and though they're the most powerful kingdoms in the galaxy, they are engaged in a battle that threatens to claim the life of millions and destroy the state of balance in the galaxy.

I was so amazed by the beauty of this book. It was a wonderful story filled with characters that I learned to love, their interests and nature was not far fetched. I especially appreciated the fact that the author used a few of them, this way I felt that no one was overshadowed. The plot was also not complicated, a fact which I commend as this made it easier to understand.

It was a quick and an easy read, I literally couldn't take my eyes off it until I was done( that's right I stayed up reading). It was different, intriguing, wonderful and the twists and mysteries in the plot had me completely immersed in the book. Love and war seems to be the main aspect of this book and I believe that it gives us a little bit of insight on both. It shows us the effects of war and how strong a mother and son bond is.

As the first book of the series, I'm glad to say that it did not disappoint; it gave me the drama I wanted and the ending had me yearning for more, I'm definitely looking forward to reading the second one.

I found no flaw in this book and so I give it 4 out of 4 stars . The editing was perfect and storyline amazing. I think this book is better suited for those who enjoy war stories with a little bit of magic, I would say it's for teenagers and young adults.

Rulers of the Galaxy
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”