Official Review: Tales 4rm Da Dale by Elijah R. Freeman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Tales 4rm Da Dale by Elijah R. Freeman

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales 4rm Da Dale" by Elijah R. Freeman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tales 4rm Da Dale consists of three short stories by Elijah R. Freeman. The first story is titled "MONEY BLESSINGS," which tells a story about Rico. He visits his mentor, Duke, and finds out that he has three candles that he prays to. One day, Rico follows Duke to a shop where he buys his candles. And there, Bishma, the storekeeper, convinces Rico about the effectiveness of charms. So Rico decides to purchase the money sack charm, which is said to bring good luck. Find out what happens next. The second story is "MA DUKEZ," and it is about J-Rock, a sixteen-year-old boy whose dream was to become a lawyer. After his mum and stepfather got separated, his life takes a different dimension. Was he able to withstand the pressure of the streets?

Tales 4rm Da Dale is a work of fiction that will create heightened feelings of excitement and suspense. I'm still trying to recover from the euphoria. Mr. Freeman is such a creative writer as it's not an easy feat to feature three equally intriguing stories in one book. These stories are interesting, engaging, inspiring, and have lots of heartwarming and thought-provoking lessons. Readers will learn one or more morals from the protagonists in each of them.

This novel is one of the most interesting ones I have read lately. The captivating storylines kept me glued to its pages. The book is concise and consists of 161 pages, making it an easy read. I like that the stories are fast-paced, which will get readers enthralled from the first to the last page. There is no dull moment in this collection. What I liked most is that the stories ended satisfyingly without cliffhangers.

Furthermore, the author uses an exciting writing technique that makes the tales more engaging, which would keep his audience entertained until the end of the book. The language was more of slang, and it was initially a bit difficult for me to understand. But later on, I started flowing with the conversations and found the reading experience enjoyable and fun. It helped that the author's descriptions were vivid, as they made the events in the book appear so real and believable. I felt as if I was physically present and watching things unfold. The dialogues between the characters were also distinct and lively, which helped reveal their thoughts or feelings.

My favorite story is the third one, and it's titled "CHILL OUT." I love that it is the most inspiring of them all. Rell is also my favorite protagonist. He remained determined and didn't allow his predicament to limit him or kill his potential. Readers will learn contentment, how to pursue their dreams, and be mindful of the company they keep.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I can say that it was professionally edited since I encountered only a few typos throughout my read. Honestly, reading this book was worthwhile. And I must commend the author for developing unique, relatable, and well-developed characters.

All in all, I happily rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to mature readers who enjoy short fiction stories due to some sex scenes in the book. And if you are sensitive to reading about people being murdered in cold blood, I think you should skip this one.

Tales 4rm Da Dale
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you for sharing such an insightful review. But I don't think I will enjoy reading this book.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

A book without cliffhangers is exactly what i am looking for and the fact that this book is also inspiring and full of lessons makes it all the more interesting to me. I would definitely like to read this book sometime.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

Your review is very interesting and compelling and makes this seem like a great book! Thank you for the insightful review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Creating exciting and suspenseful stories is more difficult of they are short, so it seems like the author did a great job. I loved reading your thorough review, congratulations!
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your interesting review. Even though the genres and concepts are different, it looks like each of the three stories have their own charming aspects to appreciate. I would love to give this book a try.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

Your review made the book seem exciting and suspenseful. I also appreciate the fact that there are no cliffhangers. Thanks for your informative and well-written review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad this one was so good and didn't have any cliffhangers. With a series of stories like this, that's very helpful. It sounds like an interesting book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Alheotuci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alheotuci.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Alheotuci »

This seems like a captivating story. From reading your review, I’m intrigued by the plot. Great review!
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

It's good that the book has three different stories. The reader will gain full insight into the writer's style. Your review seems really insightful and honest. I really enjoyed it!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I love compilations of short stories, so this sounds like a great book for me! Thanks for your concise review.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

The author seems to be an experienced writer. The story doesn't look like a massive hit, but it sure does entertain in my view. I'm likely to be on the lookout for more books from him. Great review!
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

Three stories in one, without cliffhangers, sounds like a good one to me. I would also like to know how the money love sack worked for Rico... nice review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”