Official Review: Heart Disease & Hypertension

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: Heart Disease & Hypertension

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heart Disease & Hypertension" by Bryant Lusk.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One of the leading causes of death around the world is heart disease. The negligence of the heart has resulted in disastrous consequences for unsuspecting victims. However, there is hope. The solution does not lie in vigorous exercises nor in adhering to tedious fads; it lies in the simple act of what we eat and drink. Providing the cells with adequate nutrients in the right amount goes a long way in ensuring healthy organs, energy-filled life, and longevity. We have heard stories of people collapsing and dying for no apparent reason; more often than not, heart disease (cardiac arrest) is the culprit in such situations. Heart Disease & Hypertension: Vitamin Therapy for a Healthy Heart by Bryant Lusk not only explains to you why this happens but also gives knowledge-filled advice on how to mitigate it. His vitamin therapy is based on well-researched scientific facts, and the solutions are practicable and sustainable. I can promise that this book is worth it; readers wouldn't be disappointed reading this book.

The author's disclaimer that this book contains his personal opinion and that readers are advised to consult their physician before embarking on any treatment speaks volumes of the author's value for life. Readers should be aware of this and know that abuse of nutrients or imbalance in ingested nutrients can be harmful. This book might not be the final solution, but it is a step forward in the right direction.

The author also uses simple and straightforward language, explaining important medical terminologies with pictures, tables, and links to websites as the need arises. You do not need to be science inclined to understand and appreciate the knowledge within this book. Essential points are printed in bold to help draw attention to them, and at the end of the book are definitions of valuable terms and notes on sources cited in the book (which is a lot). The author did his research, and his in-depth explanation with helpful suggestions leaves the reader in no doubt that he knows his onions.

Amazingly, this book has no errors. The editing of this book is exceptional and top-notch. The only issue I see, which isn't much of a problem, is the lack of distinction between titles and subtitles. All titles within the body of the work are in bold and have the same font size. Sometimes it feels like the author jumps from one topic to another without preamble. However, this does not remove anything from the book, only that readers have to be mindful of when topics change.

This book is for readers who value their health (which I believe is everyone), especially those interested in understanding how the heart functions and how what we ingest contributes to our health. Vegetarians and vegans are not left out. Finally, I will rate this book a 4 out of 4. The knowledge within, its simplicity, the absence of errors, and the author's passion to impact lives all make this book a must-read.

Heart Disease & Hypertension
View: on Bookshelves
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

This surely sounds like a very useful book to improve our health with natural solutions. Thanks for an insightful review.
MarcellaM
Currently Reading: Grey heart
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by MarcellaM »

I love the author uses illustrations in his book. It is also fascinating to learn that despite the advice he offers, he still urges the reader to seek medical advice from a professional. It must be a helpful book for those who value their health.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

This book is a nice one. I like the fact that it teaches a valuable lesson about a vital organ in the body - the heart. I will like to read this book and learn. Kudos to the reviewer.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

There is a whole lot of I formation I. Theis book. I think it’s great to learn more about our body and how it works . Thanks for thegreatreview
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

Very relevant that this information about heart disease is disbursed. Good review.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

This looks like a life saver book. Heart diseases are one of the deadly diseases occuring today. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”