Official Review: The Elder Scrolls - Zaneta’s Chron...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Official Review: The Elder Scrolls - Zaneta’s Chron...

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Elder Scrolls - Zaneta’s Chronicles" by A. L. Zuniga.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Elder Scrolls - Zaneta's Chronicles: Part Three: The Lost Mane by A. L. Zuniga is the last book in this series. Zaneta had searched for her children for several weeks and could not find where the kidnappers took them. When she felt like she was getting close to locating them, something would slow down her search. Her most recent distraction was suddenly finding herself thousands of years back in time, where she had to fight veritable dragons and priests from a deadly Dragon Cult. They were torturing and killing innocent people. She had just gotten back to her own time. Exhausted, she wondered if it was already too late to rescue her children, but she refused to give up. Captain Tobias had been on extended leave and returned to his base when Zaneta discovered he was a crucial player in the child abductions. Messages went out to all the surrounding towns to keep him if they saw him. But Zaneta didn't wait. She would find him and make him talk. Fear struck her heart at the thought of not seeing her children alive. She couldn't afford to make a mistake now, not when she was so close. Will Zaneta make it in time to save her children?

Zuniga went above and beyond with this last part of Zaneta's story. The characters were more interesting and believable than in book two. Although Zaneta was resilient and could outfight anyone and perform magic, the author let her emotional side surface in this book. Her emotions ran high, and she fought to keep them in check and focus on the task at hand.

What I liked most about this book was the human side of Zaneta. She was still a force to be reckoned with, but she was also a mother. I could feel empathy for her when she had tears streaming down her face wanting her children. I enjoyed the book because of the beautiful illustrations of Zaneta and the surrounding scenery that bring the book to life.

There is mild profanity but nothing outrageous. However, some graphic and violent scenes might disturb young readers. The book was well edited. I only found a couple of errors. There is nothing I disliked about this book. It is an excellent read. I rarely read fantasy novels, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the two books I have read in this series.

I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars for the storyline's creativity, the illustrations which enhance the storyline, and the excellent editing. I could not find any reason to give it a lower rating. Fantasy lovers will enjoy this book but will need to read the first two books to understand this because it is not a stand-alone. I don't recommend this book to anyone under sixteen because of the profanity and violence.

The Elder Scrolls - Zaneta’s Chronicles
View: on Bookshelves
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Kenna Ridzi
Currently Reading: Iron Gold
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenna-ridzi.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Kenna Ridzi »

Both imagery and empathy-inducing emotions are important to include in any novel, in my opinion, and it sounds like this author went above and beyond with both. Thank you for your review!
Laura Cobacho
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Laura Cobacho »

I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars for the storyline's creativity, the illustrations which enhance the storyline, and the excellent editing.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

I'll have to give this series a go. I enjoy sci-fi, and this series that showcases a strong female character being a badass mom looking for her kidnapped children is too good to pass up. Thank you for your great review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I really want to pick up this series. Thank you for the review! Knowing it's a trilogy makes me want to read it even more.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

kridz21 wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 19:27 Both imagery and empathy-inducing emotions are important to include in any novel, in my opinion, and it sounds like this author went above and beyond with both. Thank you for your review!
The illustrations were great and added so much to the story. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Laura Cobacho wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 21:22 I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars for the storyline's creativity, the illustrations which enhance the storyline, and the excellent editing.
I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but I loved the illustrations in this one! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Smmwallace wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 22:10 I'll have to give this series a go. I enjoy sci-fi, and this series that showcases a strong female character being a badass mom looking for her kidnapped children is too good to pass up. Thank you for your great review!
That's a great way of describing it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

RayRuff wrote: 03 Apr 2021, 03:20 I really want to pick up this series. Thank you for the review! Knowing it's a trilogy makes me want to read it even more.
I like trilogies too. These books with the awesome illustrations were just that much better! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I received a good impression reading the reviews of the first two books of this series, good to know that it continues to be great. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This book series is one i have taken interest in and i feel it will not disappoint. I would really love to see this as a movie though. I feel like reading alone will not give me what I am looking for. This review is spectacular though.
PeterRabitt20
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Zaneta's love for her children spanned through time, literally. I like that the author chose to focus on the human side of the protagonist; motherhood seemed to be what drove the plot forward. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

NetMassimo wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 06:27 I received a good impression reading the reviews of the first two books of this series, good to know that it continues to be great. Thank you for your terrific review!
Thank you! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I only had the chance to read the second and third books, so it would probably be pointless to read the first one now since I already know what will happen! It is a good series.
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Precious Naiti wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 09:51 This book series is one i have taken interest in and i feel it will not disappoint. I would really love to see this as a movie though. I feel like reading alone will not give me what I am looking for. This review is spectacular though.
Thank you! It would make a great movie. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 10:11 Zaneta's love for her children spanned through time, literally. I like that the author chose to focus on the human side of the protagonist; motherhood seemed to be what drove the plot forward. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Thank you! Yes, motherhood was the driving force, and Zaneta was a mother to be reckoned with! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”