Review by GideonWrites Review -- The Sins of a Master Race

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by GideonWrites Review -- The Sins of a Master Race

Post by Review Writer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Sins of a Master Race" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Imagine a world where the gods' authority is challenged by humans, and a line of battle is drawn. However, considering the possible devastating consequences of the humans' insurrection against the gods, what power can a mortal man possess to withstand a god-titled creature?"

In the book, The Sins of a Master Race, readers are carried through an experience of this seemingly unbelievable world where gods and humans are entangled in the quest for dominance. The book is a work of fiction by Matthew Tysz, and it's the third installment in the series, The Turn.

A god, called Marat of Anima Mea, seeks to expand his kingdom to the human world, the Earth; thereafter, he may gain dominion over the universe—creating animal-like-but-human-soul creatures who would be his allies and fill up the Earth. However, there are the Defury Cousins who have just escaped from Marat's prison to wrath vengeance on the gods. First, they've sought to discover the potency of the god's power whether the gods were competent to bear the 'god' title and claim some authority over the Earth. Surprisingly, at their inquiries with god Alden, while they humbly interrogate him, the god didn't even know how the souls of his subjects have come into existence. Alden's ignorance, therefore, stirred the cousins' enthusiasm to clear off the entire race of the gods and keep the Earth under humans' control. But, however, is this a healthy decision for the human race?

I really commend the author for the great insight he had to have come up with this thrilling piece. The characters and the name of places in the book sound original because they blend with the setting of the story. I love the book's storyline, as it carries the readers through the thrilling experience where gods and humans are in a physical combat entanglement. The paranormal creatures featured in the book really thrills, and I love how the author has described them. An example is the description of god Alden in the stone temple; he was described as the god of plants who commands trees as weapons against his human fighters. Some other paranormal creatures are the winged president of Obadiah and the flying guards.

Conversely, the book contains some pages that do not really connect with the storyline, and this has distracted my flow and enjoyable reading experience at some points. For example, those pages under the chapter, Interstate. Also, the book was not professionally edited, as I could find over ten errors—mostly punctuation errors which slightly slow down my proper understanding of the ideas in some of the sentences. Hence, from me, The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz earns a rating of 2 out of 4 stars.

Because the book has lots of violent words and adult-related content, I would like to recommend the book to the mature audience who are lovers of action scenes, epic science fiction, and thrilling fantasy books.

The Sins of a Master Race
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Signature of Grace.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

This sounds like my taste. I love the setting that your review revealed as peculiar to this book. The conflict of human fighting gods sounds so intriguing and hilarious.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”