Review by Honest-reviewer -- What is priest Nation, The ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Review by Honest-reviewer -- What is priest Nation, The ...

Post by Honest-reviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G" by Herbert Scholes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G? is a book about Christianity, its teachings, its tradition, etc. that is conveyed in a simplified way by the author. This is a non-fictional book written by Herbert Scholes.

This book is relatively short that consists of 137 pages divided into 6 chapters. In this book, the author shares details about the gospels in a very simple and eloquent manner that can be understood by everyone. With this book, the author is trying to get all the Christians closer to Jesus Christ. He explains the messages preached by Jesus Christ in an elementary way so that people can understand the significance of life, the way of living, death, etc. The author has also focused on meditation and churches, which play an important role in a person’s life. Here, he has also shared his ideas in detail about the “priest nation” and “the seed.”

This book is a concise version of the teachings of Jesus Christ. I really appreciate the author’s desire to teach Christians about the gospels in a simple way to improve their lives and enhance their knowledge. One of my favorite parts of the book is where the author has inserted a hand-drawn diagram and has explained “the way, the truth, and the life.” That diagram in itself says it all and I was quite impressed with it. I also liked the acronym of L.O.V.E, which delivers a very strong message to lead a great and peaceful life. I am not from a Christian background, but I could understand the author’s ideas and what he is trying to convey very easily.

There is nothing major that I disliked about this book. The concern that I have is related to the font, formatting, and editing of the book. The book would have been more presentable if, every new chapter was started on a fresh page, and font and font size were the same or changed only when required. I felt that the initial part of the book was a bit slow and the next half of the book had nice and interesting elements in it. Other than these issues, this is a wonderful book.

Unfortunately, this book did not seem professionally edited, as I found many errors. With that being said, I rate What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G? 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it a perfect score because of the errors and editing. I could not give it any lesser than 3 because I genuinely enjoyed reading this book and got some really great and positive insights.

I highly recommend this book to all Christians and also the people who want to know more about Christianity. This book is not suitable for people who do not believe in these teachings and those who do not like reading religion-based books.

What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

I've also noticed a serious editing issue that needs to be addressed. An honest and straightforward review, good work!
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Wow. I loved reading your review. So detailed and interesting.

Too bad about the editing issues, the book sounds promising.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like it would be a wonderful book for Christians to read once the editing problems are cleared up. Thanks for your informative and interesting review!
Noriel DM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noriel-dm.html
Latest Review: Customer Service Is DEAD by Mitche Graf

Post by Noriel DM »

I like non-fictional books, but too bad for this publication to have many errors. Great review, by the way.
We are all unique in our own ways :D
Caro Banks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caro-banks.html
Latest Review: Aaron's Story - One Wrong Turn by Carol Engler

Post by Caro Banks »

I wondered about the meaning of this book's title. Thanks for a very detailed review. I'll pass on this though.
Joy Phill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-phill.html
Latest Review: Megan and the Broken Snowflake Factory by Karla Ridpath

Post by Joy Phill »

Poor editing saps the joy of reading. I also hope they are fixed. Thanks for your recommendation.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

The inconsistency of font and font size is a big distraction while reading. Thank you for the honest and enjoyable review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I'm interested in checking this book out, sounds intriguing. But sorry about the issues you've mentioned. Hopefully the author fixes them soon. :) Thanks for a great review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It doesn't seem like my kind of book, but the theme might be interesting for people who want to find out more about religion. Anyway, I loved reading your interesting review. Great job!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

It seems like this book has good intentions and is fine pretty well. It is too bad that the font and formatting is not well done.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I am sure that Christians would find this book to be insightful and informative. Thanks for the detailed review and recommendation.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

It's lovely to see the author preach Christianity in a simple and eloquent manner because not all religious books are like that. I hope the author will work on the formatting and editing to make this read better. Thank you for your wonderfully detailed review!
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

Thanks for the brief review, I like it.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

Did this book recently and i agree with your review. Nice work.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”