Official Review: Legal Attack by Karthik Murugan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Legal Attack by Karthik Murugan

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Legal Attack" by Karthik Murugan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Legal Attack by Karthik Murugan is a non-fiction guide that provides information about the game of chess and some significant winning strategies. The writer gives a short overview of the game, highlighting its rules, as well as some common tactics used by chess players.

The author begins by outlining the basic principles of chess to players who are now beginning to play chess. He introduces the different types of chess pieces along with their importance and their abilities in the game. As many may know, the king is the most valuable piece, which is why checkmating the king gives a player victory. Next, the writer goes over the three stages of a game, explaining the differences between the opening, the middle game, and the endgame. Then, he signifies various types of chess tactics, which can prove very beneficial. Some examples include the fork, the pin, the skewer, the deflection, and pawn promotion. Many of these strategies involve attacking two of the opponent’s pieces simultaneously, thereby causing the opponent to lose at least one of his/her pieces. The writer also highlights many traps and ways to avoid them, thus avoiding being checkmated at the very beginning of the game.

I liked several characteristics in this guide. More analytically, the book’s structure was very logical, as the author organized the book expertly, using appropriate headings for the chapters in the text. Furthermore, the writer added diagrams and puzzles to the text, thereby making it easier for the reader to understand the chess tactics discussed by the author. Additionally, this book was professionally edited since I only noticed a single error in the whole guide. Besides this, the text was written in an original and authentic way, as the information provided by the writer was presented in a unique way. What I liked most about this book was that the author added some questions at the end of each chapter, which will engage the reader’s attention and help the reader realize if he/she has comprehended the information in the book. Consequently, I found no negative elements that I disliked in the text.

This book will be most appreciated by readers who are beginning to learn chess. Chess players who want to learn some tips and strategies to improve their game may highly benefit from this guide. This book can be enjoyed by readers of all religions, including non-religion.

To conclude, I rate this book with 4 out of 4 stars. I gave this guide a perfect score because it was rationally organized, excellently edited, informative, and interesting.

Legal Attack
View: on Bookshelves
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I have always wanted to know the game of chess and I think reading this book will be a good start. Thanks for the great review.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This book sounds useful for those wanting to learn chess or to improve their game. I think I would enjoy the 300 puzzles with 30 chess tactics. Thanks for the very informative review on this book.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

Chess has always fascinated me and i feel i would gain knowledge of it from this book, and enjoy doing so. This review was written expertly and i found it really helpful.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I love Chess. I have started playing chess quite recently and this book will surely help me better my game. Thank you for this wonderful informative review.
C3cilia
Currently Reading: My "enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c3cilia.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by C3cilia »

I must mention that am thrilled by this book because i love chess.this is a great review

Return to “Children's Books”