Review by TheMazeRunner -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Review by TheMazeRunner -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by TheMazeRunner »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all believe this is the only existing world in the universe. Thinking about something complicated and untouchable makes us believe it is impossible. What if there is another you somewhere out there? What if you live somewhere else, and you don’t know that?

Gary Jackson is a regular student who is planning his life. The love of his life, Michelle Peyton, is a nurse, and they both want to get a flat together after Gary finishes his education process. As Gary was walking across the street, a truck almost hit him because of the pen he dropped earlier. In some other universe, Gary got hit by a truck, and he ended up in a life-threatening condition. Gary, who got hit by a truck, had a dream of himself killing a person. As he lays in a hospital bed shaken from his dreams, Gary, who avoided collision with a truck, is imprisoned because of the murder. What has happened? Is he going to be prepared to prove his innocence?

Wordlines by Adam Guest is a spectacular novel that messes with dimensions and physics. To be fair, I thought that I would not understand a thing in the book because I find time dimensions quite hard to understand. I was wrong on so many levels. Adam Guest wrote a masterpiece. The writing just flows through the book with simple expressions and words. I understood everything, and the characters were perfectly represented. I love Gary and Michelle specifically because they are young, and they are fighting to have a nice and proper life in the future. I also feel sad for Gary because of his situation with the murder. There are a lot of tense scenes and action in the book. I simply loved this book from the beginning to the end. I am impressed with the way the author has put together this book, so it is complicated, understandable, and intriguing at the same time. The best thing in the book was how Guest explained the function of parallel worlds, and it made my jaw drop. It must have been hard to develop this plot. The author wrote the book in the first person, but every chapter is dedicated to another character.

This book is written exceptionally well, as I have found zero typos, and I am free to say it is edited professionally. There are no graphic scenes present in the book, but there is a bit of profanity that could be found in writing.

I am giving Wordlines a deserving 4 out of 4 stars for a unique and beautiful plot. I have never read a book like this one, and I am glad that I chose it because I didn’t regret it. This is a perfect piece for fiction and sci-fi lovers. This book is for adults only because it is a bit complicated, and it contains vulgar language.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

The plot of this multi-dimensional book sure sounds extremely fascinating, complex, and well-developed. I hope to give it a read someday. Thank you for such an elaborate and nice review!
Bookishkrish24
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishkrish24.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Bookishkrish24 »

'Another me in another universe' is indeed interesting. Thank you for your wonderful review. I Will give it a try.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I agree with you, the author did a great job! I particularly loved how he explained in simple terms such a complicated notion. Nice review!
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

This is an interesting read. I'm just trying to imagine knowing that another exist in another world. Thanks for an interesting review.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the premise of having other identical universes. Great review. I look forward to reading it. Thanks.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I had my reservations about reading this book because just like you, I thought I wouldn't be able to follow a story in such a complex setting. However, I'm inclined to read it for myself because of your review. Thank you!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I read this book and I found it fascinating for the intertwining of the various timelines. I think the author took great advantage of the "what if" theme. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It sounds like a wonderful book, although I find it difficult to believe that the same person can exist at the same time in two different dimensions. If Gary had gotten killed when he was hit by the truck, wouldn't that change the entire future of one dimension when compared to the other? Anyway, it seems like an interesting and thought-provoking book. Thanks for a great review!
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This is an intriguing theme that makes your mind spin. I appreciate your comments about how the author made the difficult topics easy to understand. Thanks for this fascinating recommendation!
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I loved this book, and your review truly made it justice, well done!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

Now this is mind twisting!! I just couldn't get to wrap my head around this twist of a story. I'm wowed by your review and this author's storyline. Thank you for this awemazing review
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

The different worlds sounds like an interesting concept. I'm unsure, though. Novels like this tend to give me a headache. Might be worth a try anyway. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I also enjoyed this book and its interesting concept. It's kind of scary to know that someone can hijack your consciousness and commit a crime without suffering the consequences.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

This book is on my list, and I’m looking forward to reading it. Thank you for an excellent review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”