Review by Devalsodha -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Review by Devalsodha -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Deval Sodha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is a book that unfolds a new chapter daily, but what will you do if your life unfolds a new challenge every day? Will you face it or just be a victim? The Mindset by Ace Bowers is an excellent memoir, which compels a reader to look into the dark areas of life, to question his drawbacks, challenge himself to set a positive focus, work hard, and reply to life with a bang. The book is the reminiscence of the author’s life. It includes his poor and troubled childhood, humiliating teen years, a full-on struggle, and great challenging youth. He discarded all the efforts of life to break him and came out with colorful feathers in his hat.

The author born into a blue-collar beginning led a traumatized childhood. His parents were high school sweethearts but later turned into alcoholics indulging in constant fights. Being a first-row witness to his parent’s daily night fights, anxiety and depression took over him. He was often dreaded with the thoughts like, what if his school friends ever came to know about his lifestyle? The fear held him away from his friends. His sister was his only comfort from the altercations, ridicule, and embarrassment. He had an elder brother who was often in and out of jail for different crimes. His childhood days were struck by poverty and disappointment due to mismanaged budget. Lack of proper goals and inadequate resources ended him being at home after high school. Unlike his friends, he was now unemployed and depressed. The feeling of uncertainty and constant anxiety made him an emotional wreck. At this point, he was in a dangerous situation. He feared repeating his parent’s life cycle. The only thing that he possessed was the motivation that fueled his determination and created a strong mindset within. This he named as an overcomer's mindset.

The author settled his relationship with each character by analyzing the role and situation positively, and this I liked the most. The book emphasizes developing self-motivation, a change in focus, and a completely new mindset that does not allow you to let down in any circumstances.

There is nothing that I dislike about the book. It is written in simple language and a friendly tone which creates a splendid bond with the reader. The author divided the book into small chapters. Each chapter describing the various characters, situations, and challenges in his life.

I give The Mindset by Ace Bowers a 4 out of 4 stars. The author’s style to narrate his life story is exquisite. The flow of the story was smooth and well-described to send the correct message to the reader. This intriguing memoir includes an everlasting lesson of life to keep a positive mindset, which is the ultimate key component in our quest for success. He advises the reader not to rely on anyone but one’s self for motivation.

The book is exceptionally well-edited. It appeals to the readers seeking inspiration in life. It gives a new positive insight and teaches that there is no alternative to hard work, so it also appeals to the young generation, who are on the way to fulfill their goals in life.

My favorite chapter is the Band of Brothers in which the author narrates his bond with his two closest friends, Anthony and Abe. I liked how he felt concerned about his friend Anthony and tried to save him from a bout of depression but was not successful. He also shared his most memorable moment with Abe when he visited him in San Diego along with his wife and kids.

The book is a fantastic journey of the author’s life, where he converts his drawbacks into blessings and comes out to be a millionaire, a loving husband, and a fantastic dad to his two adorable kids. Reading this book gave me a completely new outlook on life. Life is not to sit and cry for your worries, but to get up and work for your success. This book will fill the reader with a positive overcomer’s mindset.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I got to read this book some time ago and reached the same conclusion as you: this is an excellent memoir. I enjoyed reading your review.
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

Goral wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 02:50 This seems to be an interesting book! I will definitely read the book! Nice review!
Thank you for your kind words.
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

Yvonne Monique wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 14:30 I got to read this book some time ago and reached the same conclusion as you: this is an excellent memoir. I enjoyed reading your review.
Thank you for reading my review.
I am grateful for your kind words.
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Upeksha »

Seems like a worth reading. I liked how you took the initiative in your review and thanks for the great review!
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

Upeksha wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 05:19 Seems like a worth reading. I liked how you took the initiative in your review and thanks for the great review!
Thanks for passing by my review and dropping your kind comments.
The book is really a worth read.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I liked how the book followed the different relationships in the author's life and followed them from their original introductions to his resolution with them.
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 12:48 I liked how the book followed the different relationships in the author's life and followed them from their original introductions to his resolution with them.
Yes indeed its a pleasure to witness the author's description of the characters and finally bring peace with them.
Thank you for your kind words.🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”