Official Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Official Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Absolute Truth" by Joab Russo.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Absolute Truth by Joab Russo is a book on self-discovery that underlines different beliefs and doctrines, providing a systematic exposition of all there is to know about our existence and realities.

The book is divided into different sections that gradually build to describe the essence of absolute truth. The book explains the principle behind our choices and realities and essential concepts such as God, belief, reality, and creation. Each concept provides the motivation for every choice we make, and our actions are defined by the meanings we attach to them and the absolute truth about them. Knowing and understanding the absolute truth affects and changes everything—which, ultimately, ends up making sense.

The author provides information that helps to understand who and what we are, how we create realities, why we create such realities, and their respective purposes. The section on an essence family—which elaborates on personalities, showing that we belong to a single essence family—is quite insightful. I love the conclusion on the absolute truth regarding choices: we create our own realities, and no external source controls our choices, experiences, or actions.

I love the “Essence Family” chapter and the focus on personalities. The concept of being responsible for one’s reality and choices made is quite revealing. This background knowledge will help to actualize and harness every potential needed to have a fulfilled life. It also makes one see oneself in a new light. The main basis of the book is that there are no absolutes. Nevertheless, I would have loved to read from other sources to further buttress the author’s claims of absolute truth.

The point where we become aware of our essence, which is the premise for the book, if we choose and create all our realities is somewhat unclear. Does this imply those who became victims at quite an early age chose that reality based on beliefs? Moving on, the book was professionally edited, and it has no spelling errors. The book did not have any vulgar words or erotic scenes, which makes it appropriate for children. I assign Absolute Truth a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. In conclusion, I would recommend this book to anyone who is open-minded, curious, and ready to see a new perspective on their entire existence.

Absolute Truth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Sno_103
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sno_103 »

I love people and their opinions, right or wrong opinions are owned statements of the writer. I had to look for a dictionary or second device, to look up a few words. Absolute; Truth, and Realities, only to ensure I was following the right train of thought. I loved without a doubt the quote I had read for the first time.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I don't know if I will appreciate the absolute truth proposed by the author. "We create our own realities, and no external source controls our choices, experiences, or actions" seems too deep for me. I guess I will never be a philosopher.
K+SQUARE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-square.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by K+SQUARE »

Indeed, there are no absolutes, nothing is certain. "Essence family" is a concept I'm coming across for the first time. Great review.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

This is a great book that will help us in self discovery and introspection . Congratulations BOTD!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an inspirational non-fiction on the search for meaning, sense and fulfilment in life highlighting mass events, global events, sexuality, and consciousness. The book has a free sample on Amazon Kindle and has a well--written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD.
megan25006
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan25006.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by megan25006 »

This sounds like a book to help struggling individuals find a sense of self and place in the world.
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

Sounds like a book with revelations regarding many topics in many fields, including religious beliefs as well. Congratulations on being BOTD
Caroline Anne Richmond
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

This sounds like an interesting book stating we create our own realities. I imagine this is a good tool for introspection and evaluation of life. Thanks for a great review.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

The author has attempted to reveal the absolute truth regarding many beliefs as well as practices that human beings have. I will pass on this one since I do not prefer the genre. Congratulations on being BOTD
Odette Chace
Favorite Book: The History of Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 576
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odette-chace.html
Latest Review: Everyday Pocket Poetry by LoAnn Twedt

Post by Odette Chace »

This just doesn't sound like my kind of book. While I'm all for self-empowerment, this doesn't sound like it would inspire me.
Ngelani R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngelani-r.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ngelani R »

Absolute Truth by Joab Russo like a well woven non-historical book. It's full of inspirational themes such as consciousness. Congratulations on being BOTD. Thanks for this insightful review.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Thank you for the outstanding review. I appreciate you being so thorough; it was really helpful!! :-)

Today's BOTD is a thought-provoking nonfiction read about existence, reality, choice, and the specific concepts that drive each of them and make us who we are today. Whether or not readers agree with the ideas presented here, they are sure to generate deep discussion. Sounds like a great book club option. Thank you again for the awesome review and keep up the great work! :-)
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

This seems like quite a 'heavy' read. Not something to be read superficially. Although I agree that we somehow are responsible of the realities we create, I agree with you that this does not explain the difficult situations that some children need to go through. You did a great job in explaining a difficult topic.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

This book is too advanced for me. The content is not something that I wonder on a day to day basis, so I am going to pass on it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”