Official Review: Seeds In The Concrete by L Joevon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Official Review: Seeds In The Concrete by L Joevon

Post by InStoree »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Seeds In The Concrete" by L Joevon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lance’s call to be a songwriter seemed a sure and smooth path to success, leading to the fulfillment of his life’s purpose and a way out of Brooklyn’s criminal life. Raised in the Marcus Garvey housing project, Lance’s childhood was spent among drug dealers and gangsters — along with the sound of bullets. The illegal activities that provided him with his daily bread also offered him the financial opportunity to invest in himself, his gift, his dream, and his future. Meeting Ayana, a young student with an expansive view toward self-improvement, came at just the right time. Their relationship flourished, and she gave birth to their son. Love becomes one of the most powerful weapons in the face of adversity and the cessation of bad habits. With a history as an ex-convict, Lance has experienced a series of life-altering challenges that have placed him on the path of personal transformation.

L. Joevon, aka 8rooklyn 8atman, delivers the protagonist’s story in such a manner that fiction becomes a real-life experience. The hardships Lance goes through can resonate with anyone who has tried to achieve positive results and lead a quiet, happier life. His evolution is inspirational and reflective, and the author managed to gather all the right words and masterfully integrate them into the pages of the book. I had the impression that the words and images flowed from a well-known place when L. Joevon sat down at the writing desk.

The continuous evolution and accurate descriptions of Lance’s emotional states allowed his character to unfold as the story progressed. The literary use of stream of consciousness created an understanding of his decisions, including those related to his relationships, social integration, and parenting. Lyrics, illustrations, and QR Codes to Joevon’s songs also contributed to the creation of this enriching urban read.

The novel’s engaging dialogue made the story remain spirited until the end. I have nothing to mention as dislikes. A score of four out of four stars is best suited for this admirable book with its well-executed editing. The editorial team adapted regional dialect in a fluent, clear manner. I couldn’t notice any grammar error which would distract me from my reading experience.

The excessive use of profanity, along with local street jargon, provides authenticity to Lance’s character and his life in the projects. The graphic erotic scenes blend well in the storyline. Those who aspire to success and those who do not have easy solutions to life’s difficulties will find Lance's story motivational. Romantic influences are emphasized for romance fans.

Seeds In The Concrete: Change Your Perception To Change Your Reality, by L. Joevon, is a psychological novel focusing on the path of transformation from a boy to a man and from lost to aware.

Seeds In The Concrete
View: on Bookshelves
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

Thank you for your review! It encouraged me to add this book to my "want to read" bookshelf. It seems like a wonderful, yet thought-provoking read.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I am intrigued by reading this review- definately adding it to my bookshelf. Sounds like a good read
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Ahhh this review made me add the book to my TBR shelf. I am curious about the events of the book, and I thank you for writing such a great review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

What a great review! Thank you for your recommendation, it seems like a great book. Greetings from Titan :)
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Lyrics, illustrations, and QR Codes to Joevon’s songs also contributed to the creation of this enriching urban read.
Don't you love it when authors include all these different details? I think if made right; it enriches the story a lot. How sad, though, that someone driven and motivated had to go astray because of his life circumstances.
It seems like a thought-provoking book, and I have a soft spot for romantic storylines.
A fascinating review!
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

I love a story that raises the bar. Circumstances do not hinder your development, societal, spiritual, and personal. Great book and great review.
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I believe people cross paths for certain reasons. Obviously he needed to be through the bad to fully appreciate the love given by Ayana. Great review. Adding this to my list of to reads.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”