Official Review: What You Don't Learn At School

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: What You Don't Learn At School

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What You Don't Learn At School" by Ethan Butler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What You Don't Learn At School by Ethan Butler is a must-read for readers who are about to finish or have just finished school. However, this book's immense value would also be beneficial to those who have been out of school a long time ago but still wish to gain life-changing insights into how they can achieve their dreams.

Have you ever wondered if school curricula align with individual talents and abilities? Do we learn the things we need to survive and succeed in life at school? Mr. Butler recounts how he dropped out of college to get a job. He is now a successful business owner. Bear in mind that Mr. Butler isn't trying to advise you to drop out of school. Instead, he aims to provide you with practical tips that can help you make well-informed decisions as you strive to achieve your dreams after school. The author seeks to give readers a head start on the journey to success through his experiences.

Without trying, the excellent organization of the author's teachings is my favorite aspect of this book. The author follows a step-by-step approach to coach his audience. I like that he recognizes the different stages of one's life after school and provides insights into them linearly. Hence, readers can easily understand what each phase in life requires. And assuming a reader is already employed but is looking to own a house, they can easily follow the tips at that stage.

Furthermore, I enjoyed Mr. Butler's conversational writing tone. I felt as if he was having a relaxed conversation with me over coffee. Also, the author tries to leave no stone unturned. He discusses how readers can save money, take care of their physical and mental health, plan for life in the long run, etc. I love how the author uses simple math to show the reader how small savings or expenses translates into something huge in the future. And at the end of every chapter, there are tasks that readers should complete if they wish to get the most out of the book's value.

Another thing I like about this book is its inspiring message. I agree with the author that the kind of people we associate with can help us actualize our dreams or hinder our progress in life. So it's up to you to choose the company that aligns with your vision.

In conclusion, I loved every aspect of this book and didn't dislike anything about it. I found only one error throughout my read, so the book's editing is commendable. Therefore, I am happy to rate What You Don't Learn At School 4 out of 4 stars. I wish I had the opportunity to read this book before now, so I won't hesitate to recommend it to readers who are about to finish or have just finished school. However, this book would also be beneficial to most readers despite the phase of life they are in at the moment.

What You Don't Learn At School
View: on Bookshelves
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

Sounds like a helpful and interesting book. I might consider it. Thanks for your great review.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

A book like this sounds like it should be an absolute necessity for seniors in high school. I would also happily read this book.
Thank you for your review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

This book might help me as well in my 'life after school'. I'll like to read this as well.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

This will be up on my bookshelf shortly... thank you for this great review. There are so many different perspectives about “school time” , looks like an interesting book.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Many useful things are not being taught in school. I am glad that the author took his time to gather some important life lessons. Great review.
Vkaur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vkaur.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere

Post by Vkaur »

This seems like the type of book that many people in our day and age could relate to. Sounds like an interesting read. Great review.
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Upeksha »

Seems like the book has got a lot of powerful insights that might be helpful for those who have started living on their own. I would love to check this out, soon. Thanks for your Well-deatailed review!
Joy Phill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-phill.html
Latest Review: Megan and the Broken Snowflake Factory by Karla Ridpath

Post by Joy Phill »

The conversational tone endears me to this book. The theme is quite practical too. Thanks for a detailed review.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Everything about this book sounds incredible. It is very true that school teaches little about basic life skills, and it is nice to see a book that addresses it. Thanks for the lovely review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. Many successful people also dropped out of school, but they have their brilliant minds to make up for that. I think it's good to have a friendly and relaxed book like this so that the young ones can research and learn some lessons before abandoning their study.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

RayRuff wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 11:24 A book like this sounds like it should be an absolute necessity for seniors in high school. I would also happily read this book.
Thank you for your review.
GreatReviews wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 12:40 This book might help me as well in my 'life after school'. I'll like to read this as well.
Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 16:07 This will be up on my bookshelf shortly... thank you for this great review. There are so many different perspectives about “school time” , looks like an interesting book.
Yvonne Monique wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 02:34 Many useful things are not being taught in school. I am glad that the author took his time to gather some important life lessons. Great review.
WADonnelly wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 10:27 Sounds like a helpful and interesting book. I might consider it. Thanks for your great review.
Thanks a lot for the kind words and for finding time to read and comment on my review.
Saint Bruno
Currently Reading:

Post by Saint Bruno »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 18:29 Everything about this book sounds incredible. It is very true that school teaches little about basic life skills, and it is nice to see a book that addresses it. Thanks for the lovely review!
Joy Phill wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 14:10 The conversational tone endears me to this book. The theme is quite practical too. Thanks for a detailed review.
Upeksha wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 07:07 Seems like the book has got a lot of powerful insights that might be helpful for those who have started living on their own. I would love to check this out, soon. Thanks for your Well-deatailed review!
Vkaur wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 05:21 This seems like the type of book that many people in our day and age could relate to. Sounds like an interesting read. Great review.
Sou Hi wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 04:08 Thanks for your informative review. Many successful people also dropped out of school, but they have their brilliant minds to make up for that. I think it's good to have a friendly and relaxed book like this so that the young ones can research and learn some lessons before abandoning their study.
I can't sufficiently commend you all for finding the time to read and comment on my reviews.
Etienneza
Currently Reading: The Ancestor's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etienneza.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Etienneza »

Results-based education models in South Africa have sought to resolve the same difficulties presented by students in the book. The models did not survive as a result of due diligence not being practiced at the point of implementation. Replete with practical advice and wisdom, the publication delivers on its mandate to empower students at all levels to rise up and augment  skills with strategic planning and structured implementation. Well done, an insightful review indeed!
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

This book will sure help alot of people to achieve not just academic success but life success in general. Nice review and we'll detailed.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”