Official Review: “In Search of Jesus of Nazareth an...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Official Review: “In Search of Jesus of Nazareth an...

Post by Guda Lydia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "“In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching”" by Paul A Weekes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching is a book that seeks to analyze and explain three different aspects of Jesus. Paul A. Weekes goes about this by defining the three faces of Jesus. They are the Theological (defined by various Christian teachings and theologies), Historical (from historical and archeological finds and records, such as Jesus’s tomb), and Spiritual Jesus (from the usual spiritual and religious teachings).

Paul explains and backs up these concepts by analyzing the writings of various gospel verses and teachings. He focuses on the Gospels of John, Mark, Thomas, and Mary Magdalene. Further, Paul compares the Gospels of Mark, Luke, and Mathew, to deduce their meaning and implication in relation to the divinity of Jesus, for example, the baptism. Did Jesus receive the Spirit only at his baptism, or was he divine right from birth? The Gospel of Thomas is a Coptic papyrus manuscript discovered in 1945 at Nag Hammadi, Egypt. It reveals more about the lesser-known teachings of Jesus, the Kingdom of God, and achieving spiritual existence.

The author begins by introducing his spiritual journey and the thoughts behind this book. It contains detailed and relevant references and citations. This speaks positively of the book’s validity and accuracy of the provided information. The author also simplifies the writings and presents them in a light and informative way. In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching is a guide to prompt one to think more about Jesus and biblical teachings. It is short enough to provide information and give one room to internalize and do more research.

What I love most about this read are the pictures that accompany the texts. They act as visual aids to help one understand the texts and adds more life to the book. Additionally, the photos have color, making the writing more appealing. There is nothing I dislike about the read; it is for curious and open-minded individuals. However, I did note that the book contains many blank pages, which I think are unnecessary and unsustainable, especially in hard copy format.

The book is professionally edited, and I did not find any errors. The language employed is simple and free of any profanities. Additionally, there are no sexual or sensitive descriptions within the read. In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching further provides the full texts written by Thomas and Mary Magdalene. It also has notes like the definition and significance of the Eye of Horus. I, therefore, give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this short read to anyone with the urge to know more about the aspects of Jesus and the Gospel teachings.

“In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching”
View: on Bookshelves
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I enjoyed the well written review of this book "In search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching". It would be interesting to find out the author's thought's and analysis on this topic.
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

I love reading about this kind of book that does analyses Jesus diety. Well done on the review
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I don't read non-fiction, but I liked the fact that the author has taken various gospels and analysed their meanings. Many a times I come across certain chapters that make me think how to interpret them, so this book seems to be very informative.
Thank you for the review.
AntonelaMaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

I'm not sure what new this book will bring me. Too bad about blank pages. The editing should be better what with no errors. Your review is amazing. Well done.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting religious non-fiction book that seeks to analyze and explain three different aspects of Jesus. The boo has a free sample on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. Looks like the author is trying to analyze Jesus by looking at his three faces and various biblical gospels like the Gospels of John, Mark, Thomas, Mary Magdalene, Luke, and Mathew.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

This sounds like a very interesting book on the ministry of our Lord Jesus. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for the great review.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This sounds interesting and I also like that there are pictures included. thanks for your review.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Wow! I didn't even know there was a Mary Magdalene gospel, so I'm learning something just from your review. I guess this is an ideal book for seekers outside strict religious norm.
Great review!
Yogesh Kumar 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Yogesh Kumar 2 »

I don't know how people look at this book but person's like me who lost their mind in fictional theory, this book is perfect for them.
Brenda Creech
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Thanks for the excellent review! I will be the first to admit I am rather close-minded when it comes to discoveries of writings supposedly left out of the Bible. I totally believe the Bible is God's inspired word and wonder why these other writings were not found long before now. For instance, the gospel of Mary Magdelene. My curiosity makes me determined to check this one out!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
angel 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angel-100.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by angel 100 »

Thanks for the review but I don't read much books about non friction. But someday I might consider reading about aspects of Jesus.
Chanchal Pawar
Favorite Book: The Whaler's Daughter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanchal-pawar.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B09YTVB91N

Post by Chanchal Pawar »

I am not a very religious kind of person but I love to learn about different perspectives of religions. Quite a new approach to religion is given in this book.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

A book that analyzes and and explains various gospel verses and teachings. Unfortunately, I'm not fond of religious books. Congrats on BOTD!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”