Official Review: Beyond the Natural by Patricia Wheeler

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Official Review: Beyond the Natural by Patricia Wheeler

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Beyond the Natural" by Patricia Wheeler.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Beyond the Natural by Patricia Wheeler is a memoir about the supernatural events that have been happening in the author's life from when she was very young and how they changed her belief in God.

The author recounts how she had a vivid dream when she was sixteen years old. In this dream, she was killed in a fatal accident and had an encounter with God. After she woke up, she became a believer. In her twenties, she and her husband had a terrible motorcycle accident that is supposed to cost her a leg. In the theatre room, she saw an angel looking down on her while the doctors were operating on her leg. And after the operation, she had another encounter with Jesus. Ms. Wheeler says she has been asked by the Holy Spirit to share these stories and many others in the book with the world through this book.

Firstly, I love this author's writing style. It is my favorite aspect of the book. Most books like this suffer from bland writing and poor organization of thoughts. But this author makes her narrations engaging and even manages to build up suspense. Though the book is a short read with only 104 pages, it was easy for me to finish reading it in one sitting because of the author's charming writing style.

Furthermore, the stories in this book are very inspiring. I felt like my belief in God was revived after reading it. Also, I loved the author's message on death and agree it is a transitional phase that brings us back to our creator. We should also know we all have guardian angels who are watching over us and that if we pray to God, He is always willing to answer.

I like that the author didn't try to present herself as a perfect person well versed in the Bible. Readers will see her as a relatable person with fears, vulnerabilities, and challenges. She only seeks to open the eyes of her readers to God's presence in their lives. More so, I liked the pictures in the book because they helped me to put faces to the names mentioned in the book, making the reading experience more exciting.

In conclusion, this book deserves a perfect rating since I didn't find anything I disliked about it. I also didn't find any errors throughout my read. Hence, I am glad to rate Beyond the Natural four out of four stars. I highly recommend it to readers who like memoirs about supernatural encounters and are inspired by stories of unusual events that affirm God's miraculous ways.

Beyond the Natural
View: on Bookshelves
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

Although I'm a little bit skeptical about the parts where the author said she had encounters with God and an angel, I am interested in reading her book because of your review. I guess we will never truly know the validity of other people's experiences unless we experience it ourselves.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I have to say that I'm quite skeptical when I read about such extraordinary claims. Sadly, it's often impossible to get non-subjective information about traumatic events, so you can't dismiss people's recounting of such events. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I applaud the author’s courage to share her experiences, and I am glad that she was diligent in presenting her story without errors.
Thank you for your recommendation!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

Oh, you are right. Some of this type of books suffer from bland writing. I really look forward to reading this book. Great review!
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I have to admit this will not be my go-to reading choice, but I like that the author comes across as relatable. I'm sure readers who believe in supernatural encounters such as these will find this story inspiring. I enjoyed reading your excellent review. Thanks!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Ms. Wheeler is one lucky woman. Having an encounter with God is a blessing. Enjoyed your review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Joy Phill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-phill.html
Latest Review: Megan and the Broken Snowflake Factory by Karla Ridpath

Post by Joy Phill »

It is good that the author did not try to present herself as perfect. However, I would pass on this one. Thanks for a detailed review.
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This sounds like an interesting book and I would be interested to give it a read. Great review!
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I like the feel and the personal nature of the stories. I like how the author relates her experiences with God while in life threatening situations. Thanks for the enjoyable review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”