Official Review: Quantum Terra by Kirk Marty

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Official Review: Quantum Terra by Kirk Marty

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quantum Terra" by Kirk Marty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Quantum Terra by Kirk Marty is a novel that makes one question the realness and truth behind a lot of things. It is a science thriller fiction that takes one’s imagination on a high and wild ride. Other parts of the themes of this book are friendship, love, and racism.

This book is about a young attorney, Nick Shuman. He got entangled in the war between two groups (The Foundation and The Society). The lawsuit is about some acres of land that was mortgaged to The Society by The Foundation. The Society obtained a temporary restraining order to stop The Foundation from getting a foreclosure. So, Nick was invited to help The Foundation get the foreclosure? Unknowing to Nick what awaits him, Nick accepted the offer. Nick started experiencing strange things that are unique to only him. Later, he was framed for a murder case. Will he be able to prove his innocence? Or how far will he go to overcome the strange things happening to him?

I must commend Kirk Marty for creating an intensely character-driven story. He combined science, dreams, religions, laws, and the legal system to create a fantastic storyline that is relatable. The author was able to engage the reader with his incredible writing skills. He achieved this by combining the first-person narrative with the third-person narrative. Also, the book is sprinkled with many scientific concepts, especially those of physics and mathematics. I found most of the scientific concepts intriguing and enthusiastic.

Furthermore, the introduction of a world with many realities was mind-blowing. I enjoyed the explanation behind Baseline Reality and Probable Reality and how the author related these realities to our everyday activities. That shows that the author did a thorough background work before writing this novel. The flashbacks made it easier for the reader to understand the characters. Also, the author showed that earlier racism does not only have to do with color but also with class.

The startling thing about this book is the suspense tools used by Kirk Marty. Anytime you feel like the story is dragging and getting kind of boring, Nick will hint at something that catches one's attention. Also, the humorous reply thought given by Nick Shuman to the Tachyon's problem got me laughing out seriously.

In as much I loved the book, the only thing I disliked about it was that the author failed to interpret some of the Spanish languages in the book. Other than that, I enjoyed every other thing.

This book deserves a four-star rating. However, I am awarding the book 3 out of 4 stars because the book was not well edited. I noticed several grammatical and punctuation errors that hindered my reading experience. Other than that, the book is an interesting book. I would recommend it to lovers of sci-fi novels.

Quantum Terra
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

It sounds like Nick got himself entangled in a dangerous situation. The plot seems suspenseful and intriguing. Thanks for the recommendation. I enjoyed reading your interesting review!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

It will be interesting to find out how the plot is affected by the science fiction aspect.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

Despite the flaws that you mentioned, I find myself eager to read this book. Thank you for your insights.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

The plot seems fascinating, sadly, I don't like sci-fi. Thanks for the review, though.
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

It is annoying when errors interrupt and ruin the reading experience. Hopefully this can be mended. Great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

A thriller story that uses alternate realities is intriguing, with another round of proofreading, this novel could be excellent. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I also liked the ideas of baseline and probable realities - I guess I didn't really think much about the theme of racism in the book. For the most part, everyone seems kinda confused - like everyone is trying to help keep Nick "sane" I guess. Nice review on this interesting book!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”