Review by Miranda King -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miranda King
Currently Reading: Hunted
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-king.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by Miranda King -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga ...

Post by Miranda King »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Secrets, strangers, stories of the past. Is Solaris the key? Is the legend the key? Is there more to this beaten and bruised ship? In Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty Rynah’s home, Lynar, is destroyed and Rynah is led on an adventure with four strangers pulled from Earth, each from a different time period. The five travel throughout the galaxy to restabilize the planet. Earth and Lynar are very different yet similar. Earth has a stable magnetic field. Lynar uses crystals to stabilize its magnetic field...yet these two planets are connected. Mix in an empathetic spaceship and you are in for an adventure.

This adventure sci-fi book will keep you wanting more as you read. There is great character development throughout which allows the reader to really feel as though they are a true part of the story. Each character is also relatable in their own way. For example: a human girl who is timid and afraid of fighting who starts to learn who she is. It is exciting to watch this diverse team overcome and grow together. The pictures scattered throughout the novel I didn’t like at first but they grew on me as I continued reading. It changed the pictures I created in my own mind as I read along.

The book felt complete at the end, it did not feel as though it needed to be continued or as though it was a cliffhanger. The lack of a cliff hanger end led to a lack of a ‘wanting more’ feeling. At times the battle scenes became confusing with each character battling somebody. From time to time, during battle scenes I lost track of who was doing what and who was where.

This book is perfect for young adults. The themes of betrayal, love, and friendship are perfect for this age group. Janet McNulty created an action packed adventure where all of the characters are engaged in battles as they fight Klanor’s men for the crystals in order to restabilize Rynah’s home planet. The deeper message of personal growth scattered throughout the book is very clear to see as well.

I would give this book three out of four stars, it is highly engaging and well written. The reason I gave this book a 3 out of 4 is specifically because the ending is lacking. There is no profanity or inappropriate language, no noticeable religion, or graphic violence. Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty has been well edited.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”