Official Review: Think Not of Me by Christopher G.E.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Official Review: Think Not of Me by Christopher G.E.

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Think Not of Me" by Christopher G.E..]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Think Not of Me by Christopher G. E. is a piece of non-fiction that follows Cisco’s journey and his quest to defeat the demon Ratsunatsue. Francisco’s family is killed in a motor accident at the hands of what he believes to be a drunk driver. Years later, he has given up civilization and is now a homeless man. For some reason, a supernatural being unknown to him has chosen him to bear unfathomable powers just when the demon Ratsunatsue arrives on Earth. Ratsunatsue is a murderous beast and a psychopathic killer that wants to dominate the world. With a sword that doubles as a guitar, whose tunes put listeners under a trance, he plans to reform the world to serve his Master. Cisco is the only hope of defeating him. But can Cisco break past his limitations to defeat Ratsunatsue?

While I understand the overarching plot of this book, I must say that the author’s delivery is subpar. The author began the book with a first-person narrative style. He changes this abruptly to a third-person narrative style without ever introducing who it is that starts the book’s narration. Readers will find this confusing and unsatisfying, just like I did. The character development was confusing and all over the place. It seemed like the author was in a hurry to finish this book. There was no gradual development of any character. The author simply tells the reader who a character is, which does not indicate good penmanship.

Another thing I did not understand was why there were no chapters. There was no organization or actual plot development. The author simply moves from scene to scene without warning, leaving readers to sift through the story by themselves. For example, there was a sentence that explained why Cisco was at the hospital. Immediately after showing Cisco at the hospital, the next sentence was about Ratsunasue and his exploits. There was no line break or new chapter to show the new development. I found this hard to follow.

While the author has a creative storyline and even piqued my interest in some scenes, I cannot say that there was anything I liked about this book. I suggest that the author should revamp the book, organize the plot to be understandable, and stick to one narrative style at a time. This book, in its current state, does not live up to my expectation of a decent book. The author has a good idea but has executed it poorly.

I rate Think Not of Me 1 out of 4 stars. The poor character development led to my taking off a star. Another star went for the confusing narrative style and underwhelming plot development. I also took a star because the book contains many errors that made it difficult to concentrate. I am certain that a professional editor did not work on this piece. A seemingly rushed book of sixty-six pages, I cannot recommend it to anyone. If the author modifies the storyline and adds more depth to the characters, readers who like supernatural stories about demons will like this novel. Readers should note that the book contains violence and profanity.

Think Not of Me
View: on Bookshelves
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

A non-fictional story? It's hard to believe that anything you describe is real. In either case, it's definitely not a book I would be interested in.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This looks like a draft rather than a finished book. Maybe the author needs help from a professional editor to develop the book's potential and for proper proofreading. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”